Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers

Go down 
+4
jade86
Blue Sunflower
Elliot
lezario
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Cathy904 wrote:

I agree with Blue Sunflower, it's enough for Peter to have a 190 IQ, and be his usual badass self, like the way he deterred the FBI agent with defensive moves at the FBI office in the season pilot, "New Day in Old Town".

But I can also understand Elliot's desire for Peter to be paranormal, too. Guess we'll see what the writers do with that.
--as a human, of course that is enough.
But in a story where Olivia is superhuman, he needs a balancing 'coolness', a power of his own (not just an odd origin) to be an equal factor in the show. Being from the other place isn't enough, that's a passive attribute; and having that kind of IQ isn't all that rare.... 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 141241 doesn't make you a superhero. And while I'm interested in his back story, want to know the dark and dangerous things he's done, and like seeing Peter take decisive action and be her equal or more in toughness--be a badass-- that isn't enough, either.

For me, for the show to work on a human level, there needs to be that kind of balance. I don't want it to be about hero worship of any one of them, I don't find heroes interesting and prefer characters more in the John Hughes vein.

Quote :
I don't think Peter will be able to straddle the two worlds, he won't be able to keep in touch with both parents. I also think Alter Walter will be dark, maybe even evil.
We've seen John Noble use the lower register of his voice, he can be menacing enough in this universe. So Alter Walter may be a little more than we can handle.
I heartily agree there! All of that. Other Walter may have been as bad, or worse than, old/sane Walter. Or become so. And Peter, now an adult, will have the interesting journey of finding out that those that love you for what you are now, love you for what you are, and not some idea of you.

I can imagine Walter finally telling him that while yes he loved his born son, desperately, that he knows the difference, and loves this Peter as strongly, and would, once again, do anything, to keep him safe. Or, Peter realizing that, and telling OtherWalter he knows where his true home is, on our side.

I also believe from the lab notes that that safety includes not going back.
Quote :
There's that theory that all of this is going on because Alter-Walter is trying to reach his son, who has already grown up.
If he's anything like our Walter, he has that same weird posessiveness, son/wife as objects. I totally want to see Noble doing both roles!!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Oh, no..... I don't want an evil Walternate....

That woul turn into a good/evil battle...... Neutral

I'd rather like him to be nice. Darker, more serious, but nice.

I wouldn't like Walternate to be the one sending the shapeshifters. I'd rather him to help our Walter, "his" Peter, Olivia, and everyone by going against the Bell in his universe.

Like Peter and him saving the world and Walternate would push Peter back in our world because he understands.

I'm always complaining about lack of real evil characters in tv shows, but here, I don't Walternate to be. Different personnality, same goal.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Wow, it's fun to see other's ideas about what Bad Robot is going to do.

I've always just assumed Walternate was evil. Otherwise, when Peter finds out the Truth, if Walternate turned out to be good, wouldn't Peter want to go spend some time with his 'real' dad?

So, you think Bell is the root of all evil as far as the Invasion from the Other Universe is involved? I can't figure out what he's doing over in the other dimension, besides having an excuse for him not making appearances on the show.....

I miss Nina! I'm looking forward to seeing her more. Blair Brown has been so much fun, especially acting like she knows something, when the actress probably only knows a little more than we do!

Just musing.................
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:51 pm

lezario wrote:
Oh, no..... I don't want an evil Walternate....

That woul turn into a good/evil battle...... Neutral

I'd rather like him to be nice. Darker, more serious, but nice.

I wouldn't like Walternate to be the one sending the shapeshifters. I'd rather him to help our Walter, "his" Peter, Olivia, and everyone by going against the Bell in his universe.

Like Peter and him saving the world and Walternate would push Peter back in our world because he understands.

I'm always complaining about lack of real evil characters in tv shows, but here, I don't Walternate to be. Different personnality, same goal.

This is perfect. I agree completely.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Oh. And I would LOVE Walter to keep the typewriter, the Bell's one.
So Peter can communicate with Walternate, so he can update him on the situation here.....

.... and, of course, Peter would find a way to send him pics of his wedding -or pacs "ceremony", but it doesn't exist in the US- with Olivia, and also pics of their children.... grins
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:25 pm

EVEN BETTER!!! Yay to that!! What a cool idea about the typewriter!!
(being ninja'd again!)

Hey!! I have pie! Or is that a chocolate torte?
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:44 pm

molten chocolate cake, exactly.

eta : or anything-chocolate that you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Pyschic chocolate! Like Psychic paper.
Back to top Go down
Kreisler
Asking if you're scared
Kreisler

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm

lezario wrote:
.... and, of course, Peter would find a way to send him pics of his wedding -or pacs "ceremony", but it doesn't exist in the US- with Olivia, and also pics of their children.... grins

Isn't he brave enough to marry her ? Come on Lez ! 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 23494
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Well, I like pacsing.

If you're not into "marriage" like me, you can choose pacs.
I don't think it's about courage, but more about what you believe in.

Pacs may not have the whole "spirit" of mariage, but I don't think you need an alliance to be happy.
Back to top Go down
Kreisler
Asking if you're scared
Kreisler

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Well, the specificity of pacsing is that you can break off very easily, so it doesn' t need a real and deep commitment. It's a kind of half-marriage. A typical product of our consumer society. IMO.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:11 pm

That is a term I am unfamiliar with. If it is as it sounds, a half-measure----not Peter or Olivia's style. They would move in together, and be at peace with that, or marry, and be at peace with that. A ceremony for a half measure would seem....diluted.

And the intense way that Olivia and Peter behave..... they are not for half measures, and as both are brave beyond reason.......they'll marry. Someday.

And while I am not married, seeing my family, and my friends... it appears to give a framework, bones to work with on days when it might be hard to make yourself stick it out, even though you want to.
In some of the more touching wedding and christening services I've attended, those attending are also asked to make vows, to support and help the couple (or the child); I very much like the idea of being asked to support, to complement, good things in others' lives.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 pm

They will marry, since I guess Olivia would have said yes to John if all of this had not happened, but me...... I've never been into marriage. That's not the commitment part, but mostly the idea of needing to be engaged to have support or help.

Pacsing is not marriage, but it's a good step for homosexual couples.
At least they can get a half-marriage while waiting for a real one.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:00 pm

It baffles me that any society could not want couples to have every opportunity to be strong and supported, as a way of strengthening society. Churches can do whatever they like, but civil society you'd think would be less stiff about dogma.

Here on the Left Elbow of Nowhere, marriage usually is seen as the woman being submissive in all things, and that's not me. I'm fiercely loyal, commit strongly...... but do not take orders just because they're orders. My Marine drill-instructor stepfather and I tangled quite a bit until he realized I could push back as hard as he could; we met in the middle, respecting each other. So I grew up believing in my right to run my own life; a bit outrageous for this town. And I don't know now, if I fell in love and he wanted me to marry, respecting me, if I would want to marry. Old habits die hard.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Speaking as apparently the Ole Married Lady in the bunch, I guess I could throw out some pearls of wisdom.

Do your Wild Oat sowing as much as possible before you get married. Monogamy is a challenge. People get bored.

It's easier after the first year. And it gets easier after that 7 year itch. Which is real.

It's a piece of cake after the first 10 years.

And you lose count after 20 years, on purpose. It starts reminding you how old you're getting. 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 815536
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:12 pm

I don't know, I'm not against marriage, I just don't think I'd need it to stay with someone.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:18 pm

You don't need to get married, that's true.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 pm

It all seems an incredible mysterious gamble. My stepbrother was married 4 times, last time I heard. That seems to have the wrong end of why to marry. My mother thought she was marrying forever, and my father clearly didn't know what he was doing. Both remarried, and stayed re-married. Seems like what looks like one thing from one end of the telescope, might not be what you end up with. Which is not a bad thing, just what really happens.

'Forget on purpose after 20 years'---sounds like what I call 'old pangs'. As in, I'm having old-pangs, remembering....
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Aw, getting married so many times, I'm so sorry. The folks who I've know who went through just one divorce are SO scarred.

So, getting married is up to you. But for Goodness sake, don't ever get a divorce.
Even the 'mutually agreed' divorces, why, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:47 pm

My parents divorced as he didn't want to live anywhere, own a house, own furniture, really didn't want to be married. He was too young I think. He cheated on her and then told her about it. With prostitutes. Some things are worse than being divorced.
Still, she didn't bad mouth him, and they both re-married, and were happier.
Life is just weird, I guess.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 am

Uh-oh... we're getting a little bit off topic ! 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 815536
Maybe we could keep this conversation in the Off topic thread ? 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 815536

I wouldn't like to flood this poor "Peter" topic 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 815536

Yep. If you feel like it, do it. If you don't, just don't.
Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment
Blue Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:55 am

Elliot wrote:
And the intense way that Olivia and Peter behave..... they are not for half measures, and as both are brave beyond reason.......they'll marry. Someday.
Mulder and Scully never did. I don't really see P/O as the marrying type.

Cathy904 wrote:
Ha, ha! Some fancy theorizing here!
I agree.

Cathy904 wrote:
I agree with Blue Sunflower, it's enough for Peter to have a 190 IQ, and be his usual badass self, like the way he deterred the FBI agent with defensive moves at the FBI office in the season pilot, "New Day in Old Town".
Yeah, at most, if they're gonna do something with Peter it should just be empathic - but nothing overt. But really, he's able to read faces and tells on his own just due to his intelligence and history. And he's so nurturing naturally, I can see that not being an official "power" either. I do think they'll do something with a Walter/Peter connection though, simply because they're father/son. We've already seen it in the Arrival.

I don't rather like the "powers", especially Olivia's. The hearing and light thing was all kinds of stupid, and I really don't see the point in the fire one. They're more contrivances for plot purposes. They should only really keep her ability to see the Other Side. That's really all they need.

While I'd love Peter to "straddle" both worlds (in a way), I think it's more likely the Walters will simply try and save the universes to protect whichever one Peter chooses - assuming Peter makes a choice to begin with. I doubt he will though, that's a heavy burden for them to put on him. Our Walter will want to save Alter Universe because it will make Peter happy, and AlterWalter will want to save Our Universe because it's the one Peter will want to stay in.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:46 am

I'm no fan of superpowers for either of them, for all the reasons I've blathered on about before. I think though, to keep it from becoming the Olivia as embarrassingly superhero show, if they keep her powers he needs to be endowed as well.

And while I loved the X-Files, Peter and Olivia are not Mulder and Scully, for which I am glad. Though I would love to see Peter and Olivia dancing!

I still don't see a solid reason for one universe to actually be destroyed; Nina says Bell fears that, not that he has solid reasons why that would inevitably be so. They do have Walter's plug, which Peter successfully used once already, and they know where the first soft spots are--- and the Bishop Boys are powerfully smart, so those are big safety valves for the story. I think it is possible that our team (with or w/o the help of other Walter) will find a way to avert the total destruction of the universe, though likely not until many terrible things happen. Many more, I guess I mean.

I can see the Walters wanting to protect the universe their son is in, that would be utterly natural and loving; but what a responsibility to lay at Peter's feet, and what a terrible price for him to have to pay for existing. I do hope, and mostly think, that BR aren't setting him up as some sort of Christus Apollo, though that image of him all in red with the shadow of a cross on his face (Johari Window) has given me pause.
Back to top Go down
Xeen
Turning into dust
Xeen

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Elliot wrote:
And while I loved the X-Files, Peter and Olivia are not Mulder and Scully, for which I am glad. Though I would love to see Peter and Olivia dancing!

fortunately they're not!!
and dancing would be great, you're right 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 6453
Back to top Go down
http://fringefrenchdivision.blogspot.com/
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man
jade86

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:20 pm

I need spoilers!!!!!!! I need new videos about next episodes!! I'm exhausting me!!! 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 440217 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 971602 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 501521
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers   2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2x15 "Peter" - Spoilers
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next