Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37982 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !

Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
by Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
by Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
by Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
by Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
by Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
by Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
by Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
by Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
by Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
by Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Share | 

2x10 "Grey Matters"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

How would rate "Grey Matters" ?
56%
 56% [ 5 ]
22%
 22% [ 2 ]
22%
 22% [ 2 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Trailer

Press release

DR. WALTER BISHOP’S BRAININESS TAKES ON NEW MEANING AND WILLIAM BELL RETURNS ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10, ON FOX

A Fringe investigation is triggered when a patient at a mental institution undergoes an impromptu brain surgery that unexpectedly leaves his brain exposed. Despite the unthinkable circumstances, the patient’s condition and sanity miraculously improves before the Fringe team arrives. While Agent Dunham and Peter scan surveillance tapes (and Walter enjoys his pudding), Olivia recognizes a familiar face as Thomas Jerome Newton (guest star Sebastian Roche), the leader of the “shape-shifters.” As similar cases stack up, the Fringe team heads back to the lab to determine exactly how patients are being cured. Walter’s brains are put to the test and William Bell (guest star Leonard Nimoy) resurfaces in the all-new “Grey Matters” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Dec. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-210) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Leonard Nimoy as William Bell; Sebastian Roche as Thomas Jerome Newton; Roger Cross as Smith.

Promo pics

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary

Last edited by lezario on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Unlocked, cool! 20 minutes and counting, I'm having the best time watching "Total Recall" for the first time in years. I have no expectations (beyond the usual good time), I'm just hopin' it will give us some material to elevate us through the holidays.
smile
Back to top Go down
bookworm2342
Kidnapping a girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:57 am

Less than 5 minutes!
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:10 am

I still have that flinch reaction when I see "Curtis", "Hey, is this '24'?"

"And I'm perfectly sane." Walter's a little bit argumentative these days.

Hmm, the memories of the little girl are key between the two mental states, heather vs. chrysanthimums (sp). Not to mention that hearing aid looking thing.

It's that foreboding feeling too, like the whole "There's more than One of" episode with Peter's gravestone and the coin, Peter and Walter's talking about Peter's not to feel responsible that he had to be locked up. I've been grousing about getting the secret out for weeks, and now that I hope it might happen, dread is sinking in.
C'mon, get there! Oh, it's going to be bad, I don't want to see what foundation smashed. Oh, yes I do. Arrrggghh!
Back to top Go down
bookworm2342
Kidnapping a girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:12 am

I'm torn, too. I want him to find out, but I don't!
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:20 am

Lez! I'm so glad you're with us! I'm 'beaming' the images to you telepathically!

"There is no cure from madness. It's a struggle back (paraphrase)". That's not true for some, some antipsychotics do help some illnesses.

28!

I have a 7 minute flag before I can file, usually it's 120. I can deal with it, but it's going to play hell with the chat feature. And my enslavement to editing. If this runs into the 'auto relog-in" I may be in trouble.

Hey, almost a P/O moment, "I know you think you're alone in this....."
Back to top Go down
bookworm2342
Kidnapping a girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:22 am

Almost P/O is always good. Walter's scar opens up a lot more theories about his insanity.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:28 am

Dr. Paris visited you on 6 separate occasions! HEY! Oh my goodness, a huge reason for Walter's mental illness!! *mouth drops open* Okay, Okay, I didn't dare to hope this could be as cool as "Safe", but, but, *starts chewing fingernails*

]That bore is much larger than high field MRI usually is.

"From what I know of your father, going crazy made him a better person."
That's my Olivia!
Back to top Go down
bookworm2342
Kidnapping a girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:30 am

I realized what happened literally 10 seconds before they said it! I liked how Peter opened up to Olivia a bit.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:50 am

I'm liking what Josh Jackson is doing even more than usual, he looks, comfortable, like an rhythm's taking off. More so than normal.

*Eeeeee!!!*
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
bookworm2342
Kidnapping a girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 am

I'm being killed with suspense here, and there's not a lot of time left.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:26 am

Oh yeah I'm watching it again right away. I'll talk about the ending later.

That was excellent. "Momentum Deferred" "New Day in Old Town" and this one have been my favorites so far.

Last edited by Cathy904 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bookworm2342
Kidnapping a girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:27 am

Same. I'm still in shock from the entire thing. Definitely a great episode to start the hiatus with.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:37 am

The whole thing freaked me out... having been too many times in behind the glass while my Mom was having that done. This is an episode I won't rewatch unless I have to, I'm trying to not have flashbacks anymore, I know I won't sleep tonight. Even the warning sign on the outside of the doors to the chamber freaked me out.

I agree on Josh's acting--especially his pleading at the end. Been there.

.. and I agree on your spoilery guess re: Walter. That was a very telling flash of his sane personality... remember Peter's first description of him.

I found the ending really flat..too tidy, who Dr. Paris was. And I was disappointed that Peter seems destined to just be a lost umbrella. That part is getting old for me. Yes he gets to be reactive and emo, but unless he has a purpose other than as replacement goldfish... guess that is why he's making that movie next summer?

I was disappointed in Broyles saying she hadn't made an emotional decision but a rational one (because, why would love & compassion be necessary human traits? [/sarcasm])...if she had let Walter die, and Peter dissolve into a wreck, she would have been a sorry excuse for a human. I like the Olivia that has emotions, thank you very much. And the human race that prizes them, and says, I will find another way than to abandon or betray.

One positive note: that guy is not someone Peter will ever side with. All the disinfo in the world won't make me believe he could side with that. And one question: does she not remember Bell telling her she needed Peter at her side?

I do wonder why they dropped the scar clue for id'ing Mr. Got My Noggin Back-- I was looking forward to them shaving people's heads.

And now, if I am to sleep at all before morning, I need to go have a drink.

"A strong morality tale in between "Aahhhhhh, HELP!" moments."
Back to top Go down
fringerfan
Blowing up Watermelons

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:57 pm

hey,

I watched it . in just one word : woooowwwwww ! Great episode.
I have no time to tell more (it's time for getting back my kids from school) abd I need to rewatch to be more ocnfortable with some dialogues ... but I liked it very very much.
Back to top Go down
Xeen
Turning into dust

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:03 pm

i was expecting more (and less formulaic). but maybe i'm just overreacting?
Back to top Go down
http://fringefrenchdivision.blogspot.com/
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:32 pm

I agree, Xeen, it seemed formulaic. Or, the bits they set up from previous episodes were discarded too easily, or something. Part of the problems you accept when you have myriad different directors and writers I suppose.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:19 pm

Loved it.
Will do a full review later.

I loved that Olivia said "I chose my friend over my responsibility"...
Lot of P/O.

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
bookworm2342
Kidnapping a girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:33 pm

My friend. She chose Peter over catching Newton. grins
Back to top Go down
Xeen
Turning into dust

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:31 am

Elliot wrote:
I agree, Xeen, it seemed formulaic. Or, the bits they set up from previous episodes were discarded too easily, or something. Part of the problems you accept when you have myriad different directors and writers I suppose.

i can't seem to decide whether i'm disappointed or not.

there were lots of good things scattered across the episode though it curiously didn't add up for me. it was at the same time to easy and too complicated.

the pacing was a bit off and Astrid totally ridiculous in her "gun scene" after Walter's abduction. not to mention Olivia's discussion with Broyles. i don't know where they're going with her character. it is somehow subdued this season and even though i love to watch Peter's character grow and thrive, i'm not sure it's a good thing.

i think they could give both characters a chance to flesh out without jeopardizing the "internal" team balance by giving to much exposure to one character at a time. They seem to turn it into a Peter show or an Olivia show way to easily simply to match their scenario of the day.
it's very likely as you put it that it's due to the fact there's too much writing muscle behind the scenes.

it was VERY good to see that Walter is definitely not the good man we kind of thought he was, but no surprise in the end... and if you blinked you probably missed it.

and what was that with Nimoy and his 3 minutes of screen time?? if it is THE big scene between the 2WB, it falls a bit short!!

on the bright side nice follow-up on little things like when Walter and Astrid are listening to Trinkle Tinkle by Thelonious Monk in the lab. You probably remember that a picture of Monk was prominently diplayed on the wall of William Bell's WTC office in Momentum Deferred.
Back to top Go down
http://fringefrenchdivision.blogspot.com/
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:00 am

OMG the wave!!! Peter is gonna be destroyed. Walter too, but I have a feeling he probably deserved it. Sane Walter makes me think Walter took Peter more because Peter's Walter's possession than because he's his beloved son.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe Walter loves Peter to distraction, but the man was uberpossessive. Those weren't questions he was asking Newton. "Where's my wife! Where's my son!" I wouldn't be surprised if Walter's love for Peter was the only morality and/or true (loving) emotion Sane Walter ever had.
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am

I don't think we know enough about him yet to know that... but yes, Peter will go through the wringer, all right. FOX having invested so deeply in Walter as we know him, will not in the end have awful Walter be the impression we are left with, which adds to my faith that things will come round right........but I am not looking forward to the awful. Last night was bad enough.

Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:05 am

Elliot wrote:
I don't think we know enough about him yet to know that...
I think we know enough to be able to speculate it strongly, after what Peter said in the Pilot and what Olivia said in Grey Matters. Sane Walter was not a nice person.
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:21 am

O, I agree about that part--just about the otherwise depravity of Walter.

Back to top Go down
Stephy
Staring at Peter's MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:27 am

I liked this episode. It was very good, not perfect, but very good. The scientific explanation with the pieces of Walter's brain is... far-fetched, when you know how the memory works, but... it's a fantasy, isn't it ? grins So...

As usual, the scientific part is not the more important in the plot. I liked this episode because we discovered a few little things about Walter's past. It's interesting. The bad guy of the week was interesting too. And the relationship between Peter and his father grows week after week and I like it.
A few nice shots in this episode, too. I know the french director Jeannot Szwarc. He works a lot in US.

Well, we have again a few RYB and Red-Green patterns in Grey Matters. Did you notice the antidote ? Blue, yellow, red ! grins I'm sure it's for the fans ! grins
Is it possible that the blue-yellow pattern in the first season is now the green of the second one ? The red color remains...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x10 "Grey Matters"   

Back to top Go down

2x10 "Grey Matters"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next