Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37983 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !

Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
by Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
by Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
by Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
by Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
by Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
by Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
by Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
by Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
by Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
by Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Share | 

2x14 "Jacksonville"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

How would you rate Jacksonville ?
46%
 46% [ 6 ]
31%
 31% [ 4 ]
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
15%
 15% [ 2 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 am

Elliot wrote:
Re: the Glimmer:
---so if Peter and the building are/were glowing because of being from Over there, that doesn't make sense as it was a normal building from here, that was being sucked away to over there. Which would mean what Olivia was seeing was everything-both from there, and what might be going to go over there.

I mean, nice effect and all (gravity lensing) but------- oopsie.
Peter and the building glimmer because as Walter said the fabric of their realities meshes with the fabric of our reality. That's what causes the effect. At the time Olivia was looking at the building, the fabric of the other side was meshing with it, as the other building was just about to come over. Like a friction point, only glimmer instead of heat.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:16 am

Your theory? By which I mean, are you just guessing, or is that from something you've read?

"A strong morality tale in between "Aahhhhhh, HELP!" moments."
Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 am

Elliot wrote:
Your theory? By which I mean, are you just guessing, or is that from something you've read?

Since I'm writing a recap, I have the exact quote:

Quote :
Walter: Well, the one thing Belly and I learned from our experience is that when objects from the other universe cross to our side, they have an energy. Someone once described it as a glimmer. I believe that in the moments before the event, when the fabric of the two universes is rubbing together, that the building on this side will begin to take on that glimmer.
Since the building on our side was the one about to cross over, it would have been the one with the initial energy anyways.
Back to top Go down
fringerfan
Blowing up Watermelons

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:51 am

I finally could see it ! And gave it a 10 (+++++ if it was possible)

I loved the emotional palette of feeling for Olivia, the protective Peter, goood job.

And of course I loved the near kiss
Back to top Go down
Xeen
Turning into dust

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 am

fringerfan wrote:
And of course I loved the near kiss

Back to top Go down
http://fringefrenchdivision.blogspot.com/
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Elliot wrote:
I mean, nice effect and all (gravity lensing) but------- oopsie.

Gravitational Lens !

I love every kind of lens effects, so nice to work with.

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:58 pm

I finally read through all this thread, and whether a fan is a Shipper, or not, eveyone seems pleased with the "Jacksonville" episode. There was some chatter over "Manhaten" on Twitter, I think the writers were letting us know it's the Other Manhatten. Or they don't spell as well on the other side as they do here.

Lez, why do the letters below your signature sometimes say the quote, "What was written will come to pass" and sometimes it's unreadable squares, triangles, and the occassional "s" and "u"? Are you playin?

Isn't the math wrong for Olivia and this Peter to have been part of the same trial?

Stephy, your question about the noises in the forest, I think that noise, along with the wind and darkness was just The Boogyman. Whatever evokes childhood fears. The way that little girl said, "Olive." was SO sweet and vulnerable.

I don't think Brandon will become an FBI agent, but he is a fun liaison with Massive Dynamic. I haven't seen as much Nina lately, but then Massive Dynamic hasn't been prominent lately.

Eight new episodes starting back to back April 1st. I'm liking the Stand Alone episodes more, but I surely hope Bad Robot doesn't stick to the 3 Stand Alones for every 1 Mythology show for this last leg of the second season.

Why didn't Olivia see Peter glimmer right away, once she realized she was frightened and he was standing So close to her? It was nice For dramatic effect at the end, but it seemed like she would have done a double-take as he leaned in to kiss her. I can't imagine how that date went. And it was their first date, too, :(
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:46 pm

I think they haven't quite worked the bugs out of how the glimmerance works with the story points. The buildings were glimmering for moving, interfacing, I get that, it does follow with Walter's saying. But as Peter isn't being pulled back and forth all the time from Here to There, he shouldn't be glowing all the time.

I think they got ahead of themselves with their explanation of how it works---- they've had Rebecca seeing the glow, wanted the story detail of Olivia seeing him "in a new light" (metaphor for burgeoning love) and then found it would be a cool device for this story for her to have to find that building NOW (building time pressure into the episode, as there was no physical monster to hunt). So they stretched the effect for both purposes.

Since it's fiction, I don't mind the slight monkeying with their own rules in this case.

But they will have to dispense with it at some point, it would get to be beating a dead horse.

Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Rebecca saw a reddish halo around him.

We haven't figured out what the red lights vs. the blue lights mean.

So, surely this glimmering effect won't be so obvious in the future, only when Olivia concentrates on it.
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 pm

The screen caps I have, Rebecca saw a bluish glow--not sure where you got red?

And--if what she saw was different to what Olivia saw, it makes their use of it even more careless. Olivia either sees things and people that are from over there, as Rebecca does (else why bring in the whole Rebecca storyline at all?), or she sees things on the point of going over and coming back, which is an amazingly micromanaged tool. And a nearly useless ability. Or she has both kinda sorta? Slipshod. Careless.

But it is fiction, and concerning fictional abilities, and they are just to move the story forward, so I suppose BR didn't notice nor care if the things don't all mesh. They've said they aren't caring if they get the physics about alt-u's right, this isn't to be a science treatise.

Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Only memory. The very last shot, as Rebecca says goodbye to him, looking at him with the sun behind his head, Isn't reddish?

Okay. We've got 6 more weeks to discuss this.

Last edited by Cathy904 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:55 pm

I got blue, too.
Plus the yellow dot.

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:07 pm

The yellow dot, yes! It appears in another scene..... ugh, can't remember.

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:48 pm

from Hijinks Ensue: "I fought the law of conservation of matter"

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:30 pm

"You guys look busy"

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 am

"my dopple fridge"

Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:54 am

Here's a Shipper's anthem for the next 7 weeks. *Can this end very badly?*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfOlJAnXz2s

Hey, I found this while looking for the "Glimmer" footage. HJ Wyman and Jeff Pinkner put this out today, Feb. 8th. And it talks about Olivia as both woman and superhero. I love watching Jeff Pinkner, they both look like they've been up a lot. Of Course it's the date of the season finale, it's the only thing I can figure out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLGvA0muZec[i]
Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:48 am

Elliot wrote:
But as Peter isn't being pulled back and forth all the time from Here to There, he shouldn't be glowing all the time.
I disagree. Peter's natural state is at odds with the current state he's in (ie, his reality is at odds with the reality he's currently in). Technically, Peter doesn't exist in our reality. He's like a CGI image inserted into a scene of regularly filmed people. Which actually, reminds me a lot of LOTR, particularly any of the Hobbit-with-normal-size-people shots.

Gonna have an oddity to it, no matter how you adjust the levels.
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Last edited by Elliot on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Jacksonville Easter Egg: the Medusa Project   Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Well, if the glimmer's confusing to us, try this out:

One of the Easter eggs from Jacksonville, the file lying on Broyles' desk the morning after the buildings merge, is of a woman who worked on the Medusa Project. Rummaging about in the internet yesterday, I came up with three possibilities and a couple of themes that are familiar.

• The Medusa/mirror theme probably rings a bell for most of us, mirrors & reflections being so important in Fringe. The hero slays the snake-headed Medusa by NOT looking at her directly, but at her reflection, while he kills her. (I thought this might have come up in 'Snakehead' but it turned out that was a human-trafficking reference, instead of Greek mythology). The mirror here is a protective object, apotropaic, as is the slain Gorgon's head.
  • Then there's the Medusa Project the DOD may or may not have been working on, on artificial telepathy.
  • And the Medusa Project that deals with nuclear powered space travel. While the file on Broyles' desk notes that the Medusa Project the deceased woman worked for was DOD & nuclear-trigger related,
  • I'm voting a bit more on this side... the Medusa Project books, dealing with teenagers who were altered on the genetic level before birth, to be given psychic abilities to become super soldier type crime fighters.

Quote :

From the publisher's site: Fourteen years ago, four babies were implanted with the Medusa gene - a gene for psychic abilities. Now teenagers, Nico, Ketty, Ed and Dylan have been brought together by government agents to create a secret crime-fighting force - The Medusa Project.

A series of books about a group of teenagers who each have a distinct psychic power. The four abilities are linked to the way the gene has interacted with the particular personalities of each teenager. For example, intuitive, analytical Ed can read minds, while outgoing, athletic Nico can move objects without touching them.

a young boy, Nico, who lives at a boarding school with his step-dad and teacher. Nico soon learns that he holds certain powers and that his step-dad is keeping a few secrets of his own. Soon, Nico is thrust into a world of mystery, science and power where no one can be trusted and your friends are not what they seem.

--which sounds a lot like Olivia's experience too; they've taken the themes and abilities and mixed them around rather than drawing the characters directly. In the books there are four kids with 'abilities'. But; Ketty and Nico have feelings for each other and learn to manage their powers together--his become unstable a bit when he is around her. This could be Olivia's instability around Peter, in our story.

And, sorry, Nick Lane fans, the character is much more Peter than Nick.
Quote :
Cocky, charismatic Nico thinks his emerging telekinetic abilities will bring him money, power and the girl of his dreams
--even the book jacket art shows a dark figure in a peacoat!

and here is my own Easter egg/theory pie ingredient of the day: one of the powers the author of the books is very interested in is the 'warding off of evil' power, the ability to escape bad things. Peter is always escaping being shot, chewed that worm and didn't die though it was supposed to kill him, the guy in Iraq said he always seemed to be able to save himself etc.

Is this one of Peter's abilities? Is that why Bell wants Olivia to keep Peter by her side, to protect her? Peter certainly wants to take care of Olivia.

Last edited by Elliot on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Wowwww!! Excellent observations Elliot! :o

I remember a sentence that Nick Lane told Olivia in "Bad Dreams" when they were on the roof of the building: "The soldier to come is both natural and unnatural".
Maybe this is unimportant, but what if this soldier was Peter?
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Quote :
and here is my own Easter egg/theory pie ingredient of the day: one of the powers the author of the books is very interested in is the 'warding off of evil' power, the ability to escape bad things. Peter is always escaping being shot, chewed that worm and didn't die though it was supposed to kill him, the guy in Iraq said he always seemed to be able to save himself etc.

If he died on this side, and wasn't supposed to, so, could the other universe is somehow... seeking balance, and keeps him alive so he can help Olivia, like OP was supposed to ?

Medusa ! Anyone who looks at her in the eyes and.... you turned into stone.
Brr. And I imagine the snakes moving and hissing on her head....

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:49 pm

I think he is about more than only helping Olivia, he is important in his own right; but that would be part of their connection, yes.

Yeah, those old mirrors with Medusa on one side! And the writhy snakes!

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 pm

I also noticed that, at the beginning, Walter and Olivia noticed that the building looked "rearranged", and that Peter just... walked.... as if it... did look familiar.

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:02 am

Maybe.. but it did look rearranged... the facades were broken increasingly as they went from right to left. He did seem unconcerned though, you are right. May not have spent as much time gazing up at terra cotta building ornaments as some of us have.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   

Back to top Go down

2x14 "Jacksonville"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next