Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37982 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !

Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
by Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
by Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
by Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
by Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
by Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
by Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
by Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
by Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
by Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
by Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Share | 

2x14 "Jacksonville"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

How would you rate Jacksonville ?
46%
 46% [ 6 ]
31%
 31% [ 4 ]
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
15%
 15% [ 2 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Numbers are coming in:

--should I move this?

"A strong morality tale in between "Aahhhhhh, HELP!" moments."
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 pm

1. P/O P/O P/O !!!
"Should I get the door ?"
"Absolutely not"

"Don't be".... I won't write all the quotes, I'm sure you already know them by heart.......

2. I LOVE BRANDON !!!

3. Obviously Canadian school
The yellow road, the white rabbit....
All the glyphs....

Now that we know what "triggered" it, I believe that Peter and Olive met when they were kids. Peter or OP, I think OP, knowing the date (1983).
And it might be, indeed, what triggered Olivia the first time.

4. Hm..... if, when something comes in our universe, something else goes over there and vice versa, ..... couldn't OP be "really" buried over there ? Or did another kid, from our universe, of the same mass as Peter, went to the other side ?

5. The end...... This is going to be a hard date -YES, it is date- for Olivia.

6. I love Olivia. She doesn't judge, even if in this episode she confronted Walter.
She was disturbed, maybe shocked, but she kept her calm.
I love that she was able to say she was scared ! Waiting that since "Momentum Deferred" >>> Peter : "I guess that if you were scared, you'd tell me"
She's the kind of girl to accept she makes mistakes and yet, she's still standing.

I LOVE those kind of womens. I'm tired of all the clichés (finally a french word I can use in an english sentence !) on women. You know what I'm talking about.

7. And thanks Peter, you didn't say that Olivia had a gun ! Congrats !

Quote :
Not a girl, goddess or a saint, a woman.
"Either you're a saint, or you're a witch" ~ my history/geography teacher, about how women were considered.

A lot of eastereggs... but I'm too tired to upload them tonight, I'll just do it tomorrow grins

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:22 pm

lezario wrote:
1. P/O P/O P/O !!!
"Should I get the door ?"
"Absolutely not"

"Don't be".... I won't write all the quotes, I'm sure you already know them by heart.......

"I wish you were somewhere else entirely, like Chicago!"

Now that we know what "triggered" it, I believe that Peter and Olive met when they were kids. Peter or OP, I think OP, knowing the date (1983).
And it might be, indeed, what triggered Olivia the first time.

4. Hm..... if, when something comes in our universe, something else goes over there and vice versa, ..... couldn't OP be "really" buried over there ? Or did another kid, from our universe, of the same mass as Peter, went to the other side ?

---YES! wondered that too. Along with the toys in the room from then, how did they collect them? I've also had to change a few ideas; I thought taking Peter was the impetus, the big crossing that made things bad and them do trials on children out of fear. But.......... those trials were before Peter died. If they were manufacturing soldier children by then, the bad thing had already happened.

"A boy who is not in his grave" (Night of desirable objects)

5. The end...... This is going to be a hard date -YES, it is date- for Olivia.

6. I love Olivia. She doesn't judge, even if in this episode she confronted Walter.
I love that she was able to say she was scared ! Waiting that since "Momentum Deferred" >>> Peter : "I guess that if you were scared, you'd tell me"
She's the kind of girl to accept she makes mistakes and yet, she's still standing.

I LOVE those kind of womens. I'm tired of all the clichés (finally a french word I can use in an english sentence !) on women. You know what I'm talking about.

7. And thanks Peter, you didn't say that Olivia had a gun ! Congrats !

Quote :
Not a girl, goddess or a saint, a woman.
"Either you're a saint, or you're a witch" ~ my history/geography teacher, about how women were considered.

A lot of eastereggs... but I'm too tired to upload them tonight, I'll just do it tomorrow grins

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:30 pm

From fringeitalia:

Tengono Gli Ascolti di “Jacksonville”!
Quote :
Buoni ascolti per “Jacksonville”, che, nonostante il ritorno della concorrenza, riesce comunque a totalizzare 7.400.000 telespettatori, con un 2,7 nel target commerciale. Davvero niente niente male!

Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Fringe lost nearly a million at the half-hour? Whoa. I knew the first half dragged, but I didn't think it dragged that badly.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:01 am

What an emotional show. That extra adrenaline over a season finale.

The opener, fantastic! Thank you writers!

"I told you people to take me off your contestant list." Holy cow, was that a P/O flirtation scene that just went by? "Mr. Bishop" sounds very sexy coming from Olivia.

Walter's softness at being roused, "That's wonderful. I've never won a contest before."
Funny, Sweet, and, we're off!

I like Broyles onsite in the field scenes, Lance Reddick's boss to Olivia, Peter, and Walter is a terrific counterpoint.

Fused people. Walter's Quantum Tectonic description while looking at a girl's wrist inside a man's forehead, Wow! I had a feeling similar to when I watched the beginning of "Signs" with Mel Gibson. I thought, maybe they could save what's left of him, but your doppleganger's head in your abdomen is going to be a real obstacle. They establish he's from the Other Universe.

Olivia reminds us that Newton is our nemesis, he did a Jones-like terrorist strike to open a Window between our universe and the Other Side.

Hi, Astrid! "What am I looking for?" "Anything that doesn't belong." A Nixon silver dollar, ha.

Walter tells Peter that he and Olivia have to get back to the lab. He's forceful, so they return.

Did that MIT prank really happen?

Physics! My goodness, with Walter taking the lead, the three of them did a terrific conversation about "The Glimmer", I love the way they built the suspense.

I like the music better for this episode, I can't tell you why. But, whatever it is, keep it up!

Commercial, whew, I need a break, that's a lot to absorb. A twitter brought up why they didn't use the Patch, and I though that was a good question. But it's all about mass balance, and the mass debt must be pain within a couple of days, according to Walter.

I learn that Olivia was like Rebecca from earlier in the season, but too emotionally blocked out to experience the fear Walter says is required for this extra vision. I think Anna Torv's done some lovely fearful reactions, but I admit starting the scenario this way really propels the drama.

I really think they would have destroyed that burned out room Olive huddled in, but then we wouldn't get to see Olivia try to re-evoke the fear. So the only answer is electrodes, LSD, and hypnosis. Yea!!!

The 5/20/10 joke! The combination to the safe Walter points out that he and Belly used. Nice shout out to the 5/20/10 season finale date. I read that on Twitter.

Peter played a nice, silent presence as Olivia studied and walked around the elementary school room. Gosh, I'd only thought before it was a standard trial. She went to school under Walter and Belly.

The Ghostly Past, beautifully illustrated by the large sheets covering the equiment room.
Walter looking at himself with his old glasses, nice!. And the swing, Olivia says she has a freakishly good memory, but nothing about here. Peter replies, "Maybe that's a good thing." Amen.

Walter intones as he hooks Olivia up, 'Perception is partly an emotional response. How we feel affects the way we see the world.' He's said before, but it still sound worth paying attention to.

The fear metaphor dramatizied in the night forest scene was lovely! Writers, you rock!
Yes, I might have recognized myself as a small child, but is my conscious mind going to let me believe it? I don't think so, right at first.

I'm look forward to Olivia moving on from being angry at Walter, just like I used to fuss at Peter for the same thing. If they're going to work together, Walter can't keep being rebuked and upset. Well, of course he can, and the best is coming up with Peter.

I'm glad Olivia finally saw the tape, another dark secret to unburden. I loved the walk through the dark, cluttered school hallway. P/O scene in the burned out room, *sigh*.

I really like Brandon! Like Broyles, their timing between Brandon, Peter and Walter working, excellent.

The kiss scene, almost kiss scene. I yelled and clapped because the "Fringe" writers had yanked back before contact. Josh was great, the third time I watched it, I was ready to kiss him. Did ya'll, or did ya'll not, tilt your head a little bitty bit? Nice Josh! And Anna was having to be all distraught. I long for the moment she's not a basket case for Peter to touch her. Great scene.

Fantastic Building Suck!

Commercial, chance to slow breath down.

The last scene. It was so nice to be back at the Bishop home, with Walter eating pudding (although pretzels were the Guest Food). P&O are going out for drinks! "It's not a date, they're just going out for drinks." Mr. Cathy says. The mirror, when she lets her hair down, it's the first time I see she might be opening up for Peter. It's been a long enough mourn for John Scott.

"Should I get the door?"
"Absolutely not." Date!
Peter opens the door, says hey, she steps inside.
Her Face.
"Agent Dunham."
"I'll go get my coat"
(*Sh*t!*)
"Agent Dunham."
Then we see Glimmering Peter. Oh man.
Great music!
"Agent Dunham, please don't tell him."

She's going out for drinks with him. Maybe she can pretend it's a contact lens?

Holy cow. Holy Gene!
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:55 am

Cathy, of the Texas Cathys, wrote:
but your doppleganger's head in your abdomen is going to be a real obstacle.

Quote :

and the swing, Olivia says she has a freakishly good memory, but nothing about here. Peter replies, "Maybe that's a good thing." Amen.
Another thing they have in common; Walter's taken both their memories.
Quote :

The kiss scene, almost kiss scene. I yelled and clapped because the "Fringe" writers had yanked back before contact. Josh was great, the third time I watched it, I was ready to kiss him. Did ya'll, or did ya'll not, tilt your head a little bitty bit?
you know it!
Quote :

Nice Josh! And Anna was having to be all distraught. I long for the moment she's not a basket case for Peter to touch her. Great scene.
When you look at it again, though distraught, she was as into the kiss as he was, leaning (tilting!) up to him, then she remembered what it meant that she was afraid. So well done! She was 'her old self' for me in this, really warmly alive.

Back to top Go down
Stephy
Staring at Peter's MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:47 am

Elliot wrote:
Here's my first chunk of review:

Note to the fanboy crowd who idolize Olivia as a chaste savior and are horrified at the thought of Olivia and Peter as lovers: (and if you can't deal with Freud, pass on by):
Spoiler:

Exactly, Olivia is not Joan of Arc !! Please, don't forget she's human !
The characters are more credible like that...
Back to top Go down
Stephy

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:50 am

lezario wrote:

Back to top Go down
Stephy

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 am

Cathy904 wrote:

The kiss scene, almost kiss scene. I yelled and clapped because the "Fringe" writers had yanked back before contact. Josh was great, the third time I watched it, I was ready to kiss him. Did ya'll, or did ya'll not, tilt your head a little bitty bit? Nice Josh!

grins
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:10 am

Here are a few questions I have:
1) wouldn't it be cool if Astrid found a computer from Over There in the evidence boxes she could reconstruct info from?

2) do they all dress in browns and the blacks and grays Over There?

3) is there something odd about the globe there? Are the continents different? There were SO many globes in this ep.

4) I have two different ideas of what Olivia & Olive were afraid of in the woods;

check out the tracks, because there are....

"meat eating dinosaurs." Nice in a daycare.

But then there is this face in this tree:

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:36 am

And, something slightly different to the above:

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:38 am

grins
"First times are always sloppy"

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:43 am

I really like Brandon, but can so, so see Peter swatting him back from Olivia. And I think Brandon now longs to be an FBI man like Peter and Broyles:

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 am

...What do you make of the face in the woods?

Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 am

Back to top Go down
Skibopple
Coming through the windshield

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:25 pm

Hey dudes! I know I've gone totally AWOL on every forum going but I just been watching and just had to put my two-penneth in here! This episode ROCKED! I loved it! Not just because of the P/O goodness (although that did have a lot to do with it ) but it was just a fab episode which creates so many more questions. How are they gonna prepare for this war with such a fractured team? Will Olivia tell him? How the hell will she be able to look at him again if all she sees makes her eye go funny? How the heck did she get through that non-date? What was the significance of those glasses Walter tried on? When will we see Newton again? Oooh it's all very exciting!

I think I've been very dishearted by some of the episodes this season. I can't explain why but it hasn't gripped me as much as last season! I know many fans will disagree but one possible reason is I've not been very keen on the Peter focus which seems to have been a bit forced in some episodes. Or maybe there just seem to have been too many filler episodes. Who knows! But what I do know is I now can't wait for the next episode (for the first time in a long time) and now I flipping well have to wait til April! Dagnamit!!!
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:34 pm

What great feedback! Only 7 votes cast. it's anonymous, Fringies. Please, give a vote. Explanations aren't required, although encouraged.

I gave it a 10, but just as the kiss was coming, Olivia's epiphany, my hand went to my heart and I dropped my head. Well, after the yell and the clapping "you got me, BR!" At that moment I might have entered a 7 on the rating, but only because I wanted Lip Contact, and wasn't thinking about the show as a whole.

I went into my backup Wagnerian rant, but that's only when I'm a little pissed as a Shipper. Sorry, Elliot, I don't really mean to imply having a brother/sister soldier morphing into a lover relationship, but that's my rant when I'm aggravated at BR.
You could argue that the cortexifan childhood indoctrination and the soldier drab dress code would insist only platonic love.

Seriously, has anyone seen "Lone Star State of Mind"? It's a romantic comedy
starring Josh Jackson Long Time Ago. Hee-Haw kind of humor sometimes, but fun!

Bless you writers for Josh's "Don't Be". The intimate way he pulled back and said "What?" will be replayed a few times at my place! Josh Jackson-o-philes, you should be proud!

"The first time's always sloppy." Of course he meant experimentation. Well, I guess the first time Is an experimentation......

Devil's advocate in me says I'm trying to force my Shipping on to the producers.
I acknowledge that a significant number want them to stay in a platonic love.

I knew She would "See Him", but I didn't know it would be before Going on their First Date. *Inner adolescent Cathy groans to the ceiling.* They do drinks So well together! No, no, don't show me the Bad Robot going through the grass yet!

What a way to end the show. I can empathize with the '6' score if it was over the Almost Kissing scene, I had a little tunnel vision because I wanted some Shipper material to get me through till April 1st.

What an impassioned defense of Olivia, Elliot, wow! You're usually my friendly opposition about Olivia's lack of showing emotion. Very nice!

You guys are so much fun, I've really enjoyed these opinions. I was prepared for some snark on my second trip into Twitter, but a surprising number were only bemoaning the wait, otherwise "hearting" and "dancing" about the episode. It dropped to 7.7 million viewers, but I think Fox could live with that if we can stay above 6 million. I'm not going to dwell on renew/not renew, that's borrowing anxiety I don't need.

For now, another replay of my favorite parts while Mr. Cathy sleeps! Poor man, I can ask him to watch it only so much.

Face in the forest?? It's early and my eyes are still adjusting. Wonderful way to convey Olive's fear and isolation placing her in the forest. Simple, and eloquent.

Dagnamit, Skibopple!, Hi!!! You will find me pining for you on the "Vampire Diaries" thread! *waves madly* This week's episode of that show was a real eye-popper, too, but I was almost vibrating waiting for "Fringe" to start and couldn't pay proper attention to that show.
Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Cathy904 wrote:
I can empathize with the '6' score if it was over the Almost Kissing scene, I had a little tunnel vision because I wanted some Shipper material to get me through till April 1st.
No, it was because it was a poorly written suckfest that I almost fell asleep through. The last half hour is what saved it from being a 3.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Wow! Okay, really? I wish it hadn't been bad for you,

How was the writing so different from previous shows? smile
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Did you see the children's names ?

Nick, "Tessa" (Peter's friend in "Safe")...

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Actually didn't see Nick.

Blue, I have to ask---------do you like anything about Fringe? Or are you playing Devil's Advocate? You post a lot of links, so you seem into it, but when we discuss, you are always dissatisfied with everything. I thought this episode knocked it out of the park, and the polls I have seen around look like that's a consensus. Hope you can get into the rest of the season more.

Cathy, we've had good discussions on her, haven't we? She has loads of potential, and it's frustrated me seeing her damped down. I think that's going to make their relationship really set the screen on fire when the two of them turn up the voltage together---the contrast.

At first, I was worried they were going to do the standard sci-fi damsel in distress thing, a disservice to women by infantilizing her. By having her accept her alteration and abuse (yup, I was the first to call it that, by the way! Last year.) as a gift, making her special. Too creepy for words, but typical tv/comic book fare.

Then with the abilitY schmear, that they were going to do a different disservice to women by making her a goddess--sexless, full of death, indestructible, inhuman. (Alias type "hero": needs no other human, and does way too much killing and kicking of men; there's another pathology we could discuss, the writers and consumers of dominatrix sci-fi porn). More comic book stuff.
That seemed to continue far too long, including making Peter a mere footnote to the story of The Glorious Olivia. Some fans got so hooked on that they still have trouble accepting BR's original premise of the three of them being equally important in the story. And yes, there's a bit of a mommy issue there.

But, wonder of wonders, they are treating Olivia as a real human woman! This role, if they let her continue this way, could be fantastic for Anna to get to inhabit for several more years. When she told Walter off, I was shouting THAT'S MY GIRL!!

And for a change, they are telling the story of children growing up and owning their own lives through the eyes of a man and a woman, Peter gets an equal storyline, they have their current work world in common, and now will discover they have both got things to work through---can help each other in different ways. So much to see them grapple with. And romance is a perfect way for them to explore the adult lives of our two heroes.

Hi Ski-b! Long time no see! (now you see how the Peter fans felt for a year and a half, having him as solely gorgeous wallpaper...)

They are coming into focus now as equals, and I am glad, glad.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Here, Nick :

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Cathy, of the Texas Cathys, wrote:
What great feedback! Only 7 votes cast. it's anonymous, Fringies. Please, give a vote. Explanations aren't required, although encouraged.
What she says! Everybody vote. And do discuss, too, though you don't have to "out" your vote.

Quote :

At that moment I might have entered a 7 on the rating, but only because I wanted Lip Contact, and wasn't thinking about the show as a whole.
♥️ . ♥️ . ♥️ . ♥️

I went into my backup Wagnerian rant, but that's only when I'm a little pissed as a Shipper. Sorry, Elliot, I don't really mean to imply having a brother/sister soldier morphing into a lover relationship, but that's my rant when I'm aggravated at BR.

I know! And I wasn't implying the vis a vis part, either. Just thought about why some of the most strong anti-romance stuff sounded familiar, and looked up some psych stuff from college.

You could argue that the cortexifan childhood indoctrination and the soldier drab dress code would insist only platonic love.

Nah, that's disproven too----you fight hardest when you have loved ones on the line. Heck, that's the theme of the whole show! "What would you do for love?"

Seriously, has anyone seen "Lone Star State of Mind"? It's a romantic comedy
starring Josh Jackson Long Time Ago. Hee-Haw kind of humor sometimes, but fun!
I'll look for it.

Bless you writers for Josh's "Don't Be". The intimate way he pulled back and said "What?" will be replayed a few times at my place! Josh Jackson-o-philes, you should be proud!
"Josh could have chemistry with a leaf"
"Peter's "Take me now" look"
--from reviews this morning.

"The first time's always sloppy." Of course he meant experimentation. Well, I guess the first time Is an experimentation......

Devil's advocate in me says I'm trying to force my Shipping on to the producers.
I acknowledge that a significant number want them to stay in a platonic love.

It's been in the works since the beginning, and the only actual calls for platonism have come from reviewers and some viewers--like the uninformed guys at comicon. Not from BR. Bah.

I knew She would "See Him", but I didn't know it would be before Going on their First Date. *Inner adolescent Cathy groans to the ceiling.* They do drinks So well together! No, no, don't show me the Bad Robot going through the grass yet!

What a way to end the show. I can empathize with the '6' score if it was over the Almost Kissing scene, I had a little tunnel vision because I wanted some Shipper material to get me through till April 1st.

What an impassioned defense of Olivia, Elliot, wow! You're usually my friendly opposition about Olivia's lack of showing emotion. Very nice!

In this ep, she was the scrapper from the pilot, and the flirter from The Cure.

You guys are so much fun, I've really enjoyed these opinions. I was prepared for some snark on my second trip into Twitter, but a surprising number were only bemoaning the wait, otherwise "hearting" and "dancing" about the episode. It dropped to 7.7 million viewers, but I think Fox could live with that if we can stay above 6 million. I'm not going to dwell on renew/not renew, that's borrowing anxiety I don't need.

For now, another replay of my favorite parts while Mr. Cathy sleeps! Poor man, I can ask him to watch it only so much.

Face in the forest?? It's early and my eyes are still adjusting. Wonderful way to convey Olive's fear and isolation placing her in the forest. Simple, and eloquent.

Check out my pix post further up thread, it's got several scary items. Meat eating dinosaurs, for one....

Dagnamit, Skibopple!, Hi!!! You will find me pining for you on the "Vampire Diaries" thread! *waves madly* This week's episode of that show was a real eye-popper, too, but I was almost vibrating waiting for "Fringe" to start and couldn't pay proper attention to that show.

Can't wait for their experimentation to begin!

Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:51 pm

They were so cute on the phone at the start. I could handle a few more phone cradled- on-the-neck conversations between them.

"I'm on it." Peter listened a lot this episode, but he listened SO well. It would be easy to mis-describe how Peter acted and what his impact on the episode was. He had few lines, but seemed to Be So There in every scene. I'm really excited to see what comes of the next 8 shows.

Spoiler:

P.S. Elliot, you didn't put "Ablility" as one of your favorite shows? *rubs hands together*,
a subject for another time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   

Back to top Go down

2x14 "Jacksonville"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next