Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37981 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !

Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
by Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
by Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
by Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
by Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
by Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
by Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
by Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
by Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
by Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
by Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Share | 

2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How would you rate The Man from the Other Side ?
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
60%
 60% [ 6 ]
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
less than 5
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:44 pm

I mused about where he would go. I wouldn't think he would try to go over to The Other Side. Just because you know you're from a distant place now, doesn't mean Peter would get a warm welcome. Except maybe from Walternate...

Mr. Secretary! Could it be Walternate? What does he want? Peter?

I think that's a great idea, going to Olivia's place. This is where Xeen's fan fiction could help out the writers!
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:34 pm

He's not anywhere near Olivia's apartment. He knows she knew and hid it from him. Coupled with their growing attraction, her rejection, and his suspicions of just how long she has known..... he'll be nearly as angry and hurt as with Walter.

In real life, discovering he'd been kidnapped as a child? He'd be a bit suicidal. Confused, angry, frightened.
Being smart, he would go to that best friend he has mentioned--that person has not betrayed him, isn't part of anything else, and is his friend, not OP's.

For the purposes of the storyline, though, he will likely get into scrapes with his old mafia connections, or something else nefarious, there is all that dangling unused backstory and this is the time to use it, if there ever was one.

"A strong morality tale in between "Aahhhhhh, HELP!" moments."
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:54 am

Quote :
I think that's a great idea, going to Olivia's place. This is where Xeen's fan fiction could help out the writers!

As Elliot said, I don't think he's near Olivia's apartment......

But.... *WINK WINK* We can dream.

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:40 pm

And, by what they are showing in the musical episode, we can be sure he will get there sooner or later, and I think sooner!

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Soon, soon.

*AHEM*

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Skibopple
Coming through the windshield

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:06 am

Hi guys! Just thought I'd pop in a drop my two-penneth into the mix, I hope you don't mind! I gave it an 8 (I've really not been bowled over by the season in general to be honest! It's been ok but not like last season!) I can't make my mind up about this episode. I was getting a little bored of the lovey-dovey Peter so I'm intrigued as what's going to happen with him now! Although I liked that he figured it out for himself, I thought the big reveal was a bit of a let down! I don't know what I expected though! I think I want to see him rage a bit more but then we have time to see that I suppose! I doubt this will be resolved before the end of the season though, will it? How is the 'little family' unit going to work now without Peter in the mix? scratch

Elliot wrote:
quibble #1: they are also able to accumulate identity and adult knowledge with that device?!? and encapsulate the transformer in the organic, obligate-slimy embryo?!?--*snork*. Ah, well.

yeah I wasn't too keen on that device being inside the embryo/pod-thingy!

lezario wrote:
1. GROSS. Seriously, the third shifter.... it was not only the visual that was gross, but also the SOUNDS IT WAS MAKING. ARHHHHHH. So gross. And cool, at the same time. I was sad for this... "thing", cause it didn't seem to be bad.

I agree! That was totally rank! The sounds and visuals were hideous and yet at the same time I felt strangely sorry for it!

lezario wrote:
The way the shifter said "i'm sorry", made me think he somewhat knew that what will happen at 3:31pm had something to do with Walter.

This "I'm sorry" makes me thing the man on the bridge is Walternate - as in the shifter-thingy was mistaking our Walter for it's Master. Maybe? Though I have to say I'm not going to be thrilled if it is Walternate. It doesn't make sense! Why would he not have come over beforehand? But that's by the by as we don't know anything for sure yet.

lezario wrote:
4. Loved Peter. I loved how he was looking at Olivia at the end, knowing she must have known this secret.

Yeah I agree here too! I think he knew that Olivia already knew this secret! And if he hadn't at that moment, he's a smart guy and would totally figure it out! Is he going to forgive her I wonder?

Elliot wrote:
Only local humans would die from the waves, not outlander humans from over there. Why was not explained (and wouldn't make sense anyway).-- But no, the other guy didn't die just because of where he is from, not that he is special per se. Science was generally abysmal on this episode.

Although it wasn't properly explained in this episode, didn't they say a while ago that the alternate universe operates at a slightly different frequency? I took it to mean that the waves from that world were being forced into ours and as the frequency didn't match the FBI guy it obliterated him but as it matched Peter, he was ok. Maybe?

Ah pants! I have to shoot I'm afraid as I'm in work! Will try to add more later! Ski x

P.S. heck sorry that's a really pants message! I got half way through and realised I'd been online for an hour and it's not even lunch time! Whoops! Will definitely try to add more later!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Quote :
Is he going to forgive her I wonder?

If Olivia kisses him he will forgive her everything.

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey Skibopple! Long time no see! Nice "see" you again!

Yeah, Peter will forgive her, and Walter, but things will be different they say: relationships will begin to rekindle by the finale. So, soon!

(I re-watched the pilot last night, and could totally see Olivia going after Peter and blackmailing him back again: maybe to say, come meet your other father, I've found him.)

And yes, I agree that's why the waves didn't hurt him (because of his origin not his special-ness)---------though of course, it still doesn't make sense scientifically as the unis were in sync so the waves would have been too---and Peter's been here unharmed all this time......... but, really, the two unis thing is NOT about science, it's about the people and the story about the people, so while I groan at the bad science when it is bad.................. I really don't care. Eyeroll, over it. Cause what I care about is Peter and Walter and Peter+Olivia, and then Astrid, and then the rest.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Quote :
(I re-watched the pilot last night, and could totally see Olivia going after Peter and blackmailing him back again: maybe to say, come meet your other father, I've found him.)

Totally. You know what we said, she could find him wherever.

"Kiss me, my love,
and i'll let you go,
I'll make you love,
so you won't go."

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Plus, he really wants to be found. He did when she found him the first time, he wanted/did not want to be found, he'd always longed for his father to love him though he hadn't had it, & feared loss & damage again too much to believe.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:33 pm

I was supposed to post this in the previous post, but :

grins

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:34 pm

I was supposed to post this in the previous post, but :

grins

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:44 pm

With Olivia and Walter teamed to find him, plus Broyles and Astrid, they will find him, indeed. But, better for all if he comes back on his own maybe? Free will.... though of course we want to see Walter and Olivia REALLY explain themselves to him, let him get his questions answered.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:50 pm

A mix of those two solutions : Peter thinks about all of this, Olivia finds him first, but don't say anything. She just stares at him -maybe kisses him ?- and she leaves.
She doesn't give him a "you're making a mistake" speech.

And thinks about all he could LOOSE by leaving. And returns.

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Right; I don't think she or Walter would give him a speech like that--they know how wounded he is, and that any mistakes are theirs, not his. But they want him back, need him; would want to apologize and hope he'd choose to stay when he knows the truth. It's a more mature way to have a relationship. It requires them to be braver, because he might say no, but if it's yes, it's a true yes.

And, though there will probably be rough spots over the next year, he is going to come back and they will begin to readjust.... and it looks like it will be a faster process than this interminable waiting for him to find out was.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Wed May 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Read the license plate..... any Star Wars fan would scream right now.

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   Thu May 20, 2010 12:38 am

Did you just see that today?

They've done that before, in another episode earlier in the year, can't remember which one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"   

Back to top Go down

2x18 "The Man from the Other Side"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2