Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37980 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !

Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
by Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
by Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
by Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
by Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
by Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
by Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
by Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
by Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
by Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
by Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Share | 

2x19 "Brown Betty"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How would you rate "Brown Betty" ?
56%
 56% [ 5 ]
44%
 44% [ 4 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
less than 5
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 8:42 am

She was, but now Peter has to push a little more... and we're good for a kiss.
Now I don't think it's going to be in the finale, but if not, it will be in Season 3 Premiere. smile

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 8:46 am

grins

1. Loved the hats, the outfits, the 40's/new technology mix, Nina's phone and the dell computer on her desk.
Gene RYB dots.

2. P/O................. "you're gonna be fine", "you did it", "do you like jazz ?"........................
He grabs her hand twice. And she helps him live.... the blanket, the food, the dance...
Opposites ? "Opposites attracts", don't they ?
"I'd take you, though"

Peter likes Coltrane : that's my boy,

3. Musicals ! The first song, by Rachel/Walter, I thought "what the hell ?"
Walter singing Astrid and Ella's faces.. made my week.
Esther's song was nice "I need this job / I want this job / I really need this job / Please give me this job"
The SINGING CORPSES

4. He steals children's dreams and replace them with nightmares.... there are mtyhology and folklore references here, like in the 1001 nights : "The Man Who Became Rich through a Dream", the dreams thieves, and yet, my first thought was, "La cité des enfants perdus" by JP Jeunet, with Dr. Krank. (and the brain in the tank !) grins

5. The Observers..... Woaw ! I loved them fighting, doing something else than observing for once -well, twice, if you count August- ... and their names, "The Watchers"

6. "What could be more important than Peter ?" Well, not more important, but as important. Ella's family, so is Peter.
"No licking ! NO LICKING !"
Ella calling Walter "Uncle Walter" How sweet.
Now Olivia has no choice but calling him "dad".

7. "Mom doesn't love Peter." -but aunt Liv does- Smart girl, Ella.
"Things are not always as they seem" : Splitting the heart at the end, and giving the other half to Walter ..
Spoiler:

8. I don't know why they made a 3D William Bell on Nina's TV ???!!!
That's was freaking cheap. Duh.

9. Astrid knows something... she might have learned something too when she was younger.... maybe she was just reassuring Walter, but i'm sure there's something more....
Poor girl, even in this fiction, she didn't have a big role !

10. The end : Well, the Observer being "concerned"
It was a very nice episode, a good way to have a break without having a hiatus.... !
Walter, you need to smoke Brown Betty more often !

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
Lunastelle
Superhearing flies

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 10:58 am

lezario wrote:
She was, but now Peter has to push a little more... and we're good for a kiss.
Now I don't think it's going to be in the finale, but if not, it will be in Season 3 Premiere. smile

I hope you're right
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 11:00 am

She's standing on the edge of a cliff. She doesn't need much more to fall. Come on, Peter, just a littllllle bit more........

Back to top Go down
Lunastelle
Superhearing flies

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 11:03 am

nice reviews, girls
Back to top Go down
Lunastelle
Superhearing flies

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 11:05 am

lezario wrote:
She's standing on the edge of a cliff. She doesn't need much more to fall. Come on, Peter, just a littllllle bit more........

I'm a little afraid Peter is tired to always make the first move between them... I would like Olivia does for once
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 11:22 am

Olivia will.

Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 4:24 pm

I"m still workin' on it! I loved the sepia. I was so hungry for real clues to the mythology, it might have biased me from enjoying it for what it was, but I was Very excited throughout the episode. I was chuckling and smiling the whole time.

But I'm still trying to figure out how metaphorical Peter's mechanical heart was. No, I know he doesn't have a chest full of wire, but *twitches mouth*, Is there something else going on there?

And the pointed reference that Walter and Belly may have literally stole most of their best work out of the children's hallucinations. Cortexiphan is an interesting drug. But doesn't work on everyone. That might have already been obvious, but, hey, I'm still working on my first cup of coffee. I slept in.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 4:35 pm

I'll give it a....... a........ i'm still hesitating....

A huge 8. Or a small 9.

Hmm.

Quote :
But I'm still trying to figure out how metaphorical Peter's mechanical heart was.

Maybe two things : one Walter lied to him all his life, somehow stealing his heart. Peter took it back, refusing to understand, saying it was too late...
and reference to Peter's -unknown yet- talent.

Back to top Go down
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 10:29 pm

He stole Peter's dreams and replaced them with nightmares, literally--what, 11 years of them, dampened down only by some kind of hypnotic suggestion to not have them (or not remember, not wake). Remember Peter waking screaming in that dream where he remembered being wakened by Walter/not his father.

If there were anything too mechanical stuck in Peter, it would have shown up at a doctor's office when he was younger, or during his fighting days, and when he was checked out after being tortured in The Arrival. He was shot in the chest by the Observer, they would have done scans or something, at least x-rays, that's SOP.

What if Bell plans to take whatever it is about Peter and use it for his own devices, as Walter suggests? What if Bell is stuck over there by Walter, to keep him from coming here and hurting Peter? In the Lab Notes: "he'll be OK as long as we stay [in this universe]". Once you've done what Walter did to save Peter, you'd keep on doing whatever you had to to keep him safe.

I agree Lez, I think Peter will save Walter, maybe offer up himself in exchange (at the same time Walter is offering up himself).

I'm still holding out for the kiss in the finale. Olivia will be so glad to have Peter back she will realize she's more afraid of losing him than of taking a chance on him.

And I'm holding Bad Robot to their promise of their romance, Olivia's serenade to Peter did not just fall out of the sky by accident. Their romance is I think an integral part of the story, necessary to the plot, they have just gone slow to appease and prep the soreheads who are against it out of reflex.

(I must admit I have been gleeful in past weeks at the stomach upset the forwarding of Peter & Olivia's romance, and the buoyant reception of it, that must be happening in a few places. One in particular I think must be rather sickly over it, and it couldn't happen to a better guy.)

"A strong morality tale in between "Aahhhhhh, HELP!" moments."
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Quote :
I'm still holding out for the kiss in the finale. Olivia will be so glad to have Peter back she will realize she's more afraid of losing him than of taking a chance on him.

I hope, I hope.

*crosses fingers*

Back to top Go down
Kreisler
Asking if you're scared

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sat May 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Elliot wrote:
And I'm holding Bad Robot to their promise of their romance, Olivia's serenade to Peter did not just fall out of the sky by accident. Their romance is I think an integral part of the story, necessary to the plot, they have just gone slow to appease and prep the soreheads who are against it out of reflex.

That's so good to read this ! grins
Back to top Go down
Stephy
Staring at Peter's MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:22 am

grins grins I totally agree !!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 5:53 pm

High def pictures for those who wants them, from Fow website. smile

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Oh how nice! Thanks!

Say----for those trying to answer the question 'how far would you go for someone you love?', are you familiar with katabasis?

I kept thinking Olivia singing Peter back from the dead reminded me of the Orpheus myth, and so I looked it back up... in the Irish version, my fave, Oisin sings so well the ruler of the dead allows him to take his wife back to the land of the living, and as the Irish are true romantics, they get to live ( the Greeks were a bit more depressed, and needed our Ella to kick them in the pants.)

And reading about those universal myths (the story was told around the world in almost all cultures), I was reminded of katabasis------the hero's trip to the underworld. It is a trip of rescue and or discovery, and often a story of going to the river, or the ocean, is used for the same thing.

So many parallels in Fringe-- Walter going over to rescue Peter, Olivia going to the other side, and now in Northwest Passage, Peter's trip away (and to the coast I think? to water anyway). His trip to the other side, after that. And then the other two heroes going to get him back.

Gotta love Bad Robot giving us MORE Greek myth.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Elliot wrote:

Say----for those trying to answer the question 'how far would you go for someone you love?', are you familiar with katabasis?

I kept thinking Olivia singing Peter back from the dead reminded me of the Orpheus myth, and so I looked it back up... in the Irish version, my fave, Oisin sings so well the ruler of the dead allows him to take his wife back to the land of the living, and as the Irish are true romantics, they get to live ( the Greeks were a bit more depressed, and needed our Ella to kick them in the pants.)

I know that it is a greek word and it is also used in psychology, but no, never really knew what it was referring to.

Orpheus. Oh, the Metamorphoses by Ovide/Ovid. I just love this poem.

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:00 pm

I had a marvellous course in the literature of mythology from cultures around the world, we read comparative versions of lots of the myths, it was fascinating. And our instructor was very interesting, he really knew his stuff and we talked about how myths & themes were used in present day lit too, that was a class that just whizzed by, we were always rapt in attention.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I just relistened to the Nina/3d Bell little talk, and :

Quote :
NINA: I found it.
BELL: The glass heart?
NINA: Mm, you were right. Peter Bishop has it.
BELL: So where is he? Where's The Boy?
NINA: We don't know yet. But we'll find him.
BELL: Oh, that's fabulous news. Well done, Nina. I knew you could do it.
NINA: William, I've been going out of my mind.
BELL: By utilizing the heart's power, we'll be able to create a stable door between universes.
NINA: And after all this time, we can finally be together again.
BELL: I know, my love.

Hm....

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:07 pm

I thought I didn't understand well, but Nina definitely called the Observer "Mister Gemini"

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Yes! Walter says the heart is a power source, then Bell and Nina plot to use it for their doorway. And Newton will be
Spoiler:

to find it this week....

Gemini isn't for September, is it? I thought that was Virgo...

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:16 pm

I think it's September, when they're on the boat, ready to throw Olivia into the water.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:16 pm

I think it's September, when they're on the boat, ready to throw Olivia into the water.

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Yes, it's him all right! I just meant the name switch.

I also liked how Walter is still nervous that the Observers will hurt Peter and even Olivia.... he is very concerned about them, has become a better man as Olivia told Peter.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Elliot wrote:
Yes, it's him all right! I just meant the name switch.

I also liked how Walter is still nervous that the Observers will hurt Peter and even Olivia.... he is very concerned about them, has become a better man as Olivia told Peter.

oh, okay !

Do you remember "Fracture" ? The guy they caught at the end, what he said about Observers ? "They want to exterminate us."
Observers may not be all "nice". Or he was referring to Rogue(s).

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   Sun May 02, 2010 11:11 pm

You're right, they have really dropped that Colonel's story...but you know it's not done.

So---was he wrong?
Confused?
Whose intel was that (the guy carrying the case, who was he going to?)--since the Observers can be anywhere at anytime they don't need humans to gather data, do they?
And was that Walter or Walternate in those photos?

And the Rogue--the things they said sounded either like he could be a 'bad Observer' or maybe someone of the Observer race but not quite an Observer, someone who had a different agenda than them--something about him being in disguise, or fooling them? I'll look for the text.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   

Back to top Go down

2x19 "Brown Betty"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next