Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37982 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !

Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
by Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
by Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
by Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
by Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
by Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
by Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
by Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
by Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
by Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
by Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Share | 

2x21 "Over there - Part 1"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

How would you rate "Over there - Part 1" ?
50%
 50% [ 4 ]
38%
 38% [ 3 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
12%
 12% [ 1 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
less than 5
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Yesterday i was talking about possible Observers's origins with my friend (and fringe addicted too grins), analysing two episodes of the first season. In "the arrival", for example, the beacon appears from earthly.....and the baby observer in "inner child" was found more or less in the subsoil in the dark.
Walter said the young observer's look was caused by his long permanence in the dark, without light and food. Maybe the Observers in general belonged to an ancient civilization, whose town has been buried, and only few of them were able to emerge.
Thinking about that, i have done a search this morning about first people/native/tribal populations that had something to do with submerged towns and at a certain point i found Atlantis's story. There are some interesting things, with possible allusions to Fringe, that i would share with you.

DNA MANIPULATION
J. Ducatillon affirms that people from Atlantide has suffered a DNA manipulation. This manipulation has happened because these people was in certain sense seduced by an alien people. These aliens told the Atlantideis that if they had accepted this manipulation there would have been some improvements in their life. The same thing is happening today, near of us. We accept that searches are effected on the embryos, on the genetics and on the cells because is told that this will allow us to recover difficult illnesses to take care of. In reality it can also happen very serious things. The matter is the same. The same thing is happening. To that point a kind of computerized virus was inserted in the body of the Atlantideis and this has stopped their energies. Our energies have stopped, as the right side of our brain doesn't easily communicate with the left side. This alien race had deceived us to the purpose of regress and to manipulate us easily.
(Walter said that people had lost their abilities because of the aliens....They could be the Observers, in this case)

MISTERIOUS PLACES
Some researchers have presupposed that the survivors of Atlantide have tried to get acclimatized in the actual age. This hypothesis would explain the birth of agriculture in more geographical zones and it would expound the construction of very similar monuments among theirs (for example the maya pyramids and those Egyptians) that are indeed mysterious works. The same researcher Peter Kolosimo has observed the amazing affinities between the Mexican pyramids and Cheope's. The constructions of Easter Island are a mystery, too. These mysterious works can be explained if we consider that they can come from the atlantidea civilization but someone has added that they have been built through teachings received by alien civilization. In a lot of representations of the so-called "primitive men", in fact, there are images of spatial ships, and in the ancient Indian texts it speaks of divine and bright beings gone down by flying ships. (In the episode "August", Brandon talked about the presence of some Observers's symbols on some monuments. In general, there can be also references to the mysterious nature of the cylinder and the ancient machine that works only with Peter's DNA)

What do you think about? Some points are very interesting
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Blue light appearing when Peter puts his hand on the device +
Quote :
Atlantis's story

=

Fringe is a Stargate spin-off !

*ahem*

Ok, back to the report.

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:18 pm

lezario wrote:
Blue light appearing when Peter puts his hand on the device +

Yes. And i noted that the same blue light appears around the cylinder.
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Oh god...You have to read Agharti story, too! There are a lot of possible references to Nazi, Observer's origins and Peter as the source of cortexiphan!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 pm

By Agarthi, you mean the utopic city ? Which people pretend to be tibetan, but was never mentionned by tibetans nor buddhists nor Hindduhist ?

That's a very good transition for what I was going to show you.

"Agartha" (in french), was mentionned in "Mission de l’Inde en Europe" by Alexandre Saint-Yves d'Alveydre.

And that guy, drawn something called the "Archéomètre" (Archeometer), that he said was some kind of "universal key", able to determine every philosophic, scientific or even religious systems. So that those systems could be included in the universale tree of tradition and science.

A bit weird, you have to read the book -which isn't finished, the author died before it was finished and published- to understand this graphic :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you want to have fun, read it !

Fringe | The Simpsons | Grimm | Doctor who | Games of Thrones | Homeland | The Bridge | Elementary | Arrow | My Mad Fat Diary
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Wow! Thank you Lez! *_*
About Agarthi, i meant the underground city lived by inhabitants capable of many unheard things and able to use the energy that umans had forgotten. It was an energy that could be reawaken.

This made me think the cortexi-kids, with their gifts reawakened thanks to cortexiphan that could be the product of Peter's DNA, the descendant of this powerful ancient civilization.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Oh, ok, nver read the story entirely, I just heard about it.

Will take a look tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Good!
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Always about the inhabitants of Agharti, i have found other possible (and shocking!) references to the observers, Peter, the prophecy and Nazis...I'll post some parts from what i found.

"They never intervene to change the things, even if that did comfort to their interests, and the only exceptions they do them to protect the chronological, historical and evolutionary fabric from others and well heavier intrusions.
For example, the last time that they broke their tendency not to intervene was during World War II, when a group of a few northern aliens (a kind of fifth column of ex Atlantidei which have never accepted the loss of the domain on the planet) contacted Hitler giving him helps and precise orders, up to deliver him some flying disks to be replied with retro-engineering, in order to have a northern planet to be governed through their puppet. The worst thing was that the Nazis used the holy emblem to Shamballa/Agharta: swastika.
This emblem represents from always the "King of the World" who lives in the subsoil, symbol of positiveness and radiant energy."

"The one who commits is punished by his same conscience, which would unappeasably put him in front of its responsibilities. These populations have reached a sky-high degree of civilization; the science development has touched sky-high tops, but the same one would be used with extreme wisdom, and then free of the danger, as happened in our civilization with the use of the atomic bomb, that it can become tool of death and destruction"

"The "vril" would be a very powerful psycho-physical energy, unknown to terrestrial. Some legends tell that in Agharti between the various races there was one with a very light skin. They probably were descendants of the lost continent of Atlantis. They would have in possession of big powers, included one regarded the "vril". They would have the possibility of using the sky-high extraterrestrial technology granted them by the King of the World. For which they would be able to use the telepathy, move quickly and sometimes go out from the bowels of the earth to perform missions whose purpose still remains us unknown. An interesting thing has to do with the various close meetings with the aliens. Some people have noticed the detail of the very white skin of the so-called extraterrestrials and that would be very plausible seeing that live to remarkable depths under the earth crust wouldn't permit to be exposed to the light of sunbeams".
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:18 pm

I love the Shamballa story.

Back to Agharti.
I think people tend to confused Agharta and Swayambhala, as Shambhala is described in tibetan texts, it's never been the case of Agharta.

Agharti is also described as an underneath colony by Emerson, a little world, and in the center, a smoky sun god. Oh, Lost ?

Quote :
and sometimes go out from the bowels of the earth to perform missions whose purpose still remains us unknown.

Sound Observish !

Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:28 pm

"Smoky god" made me think the imagine of Peter with fire coming out from his eyes XD

There are a lot of references to the Observers, especially the points in red! It's impressive!! O__O
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:44 pm

jade86 wrote:
"Smoky god" made me think the imagine of Peter with fire coming out from his eyes XD

I just hope Peter won't end up like Smokey in Lost......

Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:46 pm

I have never seen Lost grins
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Wow, nice discussion. And Cool avatar, Jade.
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Thank you Katy! smile
What do you think about the similarities between the story of Atlantis/Agharta and Fringe? Did you notice the references to observers, Peter and Nazi's? smile
I think the introduction of Walter's father in "the bishop revival" was intentional!
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:02 pm

I think at first glance I'm a little over my head with your Atlantis/Agharta similarities with Fringe! But it's completely believable.

Torture guy from "The Arrival" didn't seem to be a Good guy, and he clearly admired Walter's father.

There was a couple of close calls, but "The Bishop Revival" was my favorite Fringe episode second season. I wouldn't be a bit surprised about more Nazi involvement.
In my opinion, they epitomized science without any moral accountability. That helped them progress their science more quickly, but with atrocities like human lab rats.
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Yes! And i think that part of those advenced technologies belonged to these ancient civilization. Maybe the Nazi's found also the prophecy and then Walternate took it because his father was a nazi and probably involved in these sarches about Atlantis or Agharta.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Cathy904 wrote:
I think at first glance I'm a little over my head with your Atlantis/Agharta similarities with Fringe! But it's completely believable.

Torture guy from "The Arrival" didn't seem to be a Good guy, and he clearly admired Walter's father.

There was a couple of close calls, but "The Bishop Revival" was my favorite Fringe episode second season. I wouldn't be a bit surprised about more Nazi involvement.
In my opinion, they epitomized science without any moral accountability. That helped them progress their science more quickly, but with atrocities like human lab rats.
DRJ knew who Walter was, and was in awe of him--Penrose was afraid of being deported (to Germany I assume). And the ZFT was translated into German, so there is some kind of connection there, if not with the Atlantis stuff.

Speaking of the ZFT manifesto, did Bell write it and translate it into German and give it to BadWalter? Did BadWalter kype it and give it to someone who gave it back to the ZFT in German? Or??

"A strong morality tale in between "Aahhhhhh, HELP!" moments."
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm

BadWalter said he wrote it, but lied about the causes being natural.

My only defense for that opinion is Pinkner saying that They've told no lies in "Fringe". I know that's a little confusing, obviously BadWalter lied to Peter. Or did he......he told Peter he needed his help.

Have I missed the part if anyone questions that if Peter let fire shoot out of his eyes it would probably kill him? Or would Peter actually be capable of doing that and surviving? I thought it would kill him.

And I'm trying to do two threads at the end of my day, twice the opportunity to look foolish!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:21 pm

ZFT was typed with Bell's typewriter.... but was it really Bell's ?

Zerstörung durch Fortschritte der Technologie.

I don't know if it had been translated into german.
We've seen our version, in english, but Walternate did not open his.

It could be written in english but they kept the german title.

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:22 pm

The fire or whatever shooting out of his eyes part hasn't been directly discussed as killing him, though of course it would.

But I think the greater danger is the massive electroconvulsive problems of becoming a human capacitor (as well as being sawn up and crushed by that Infernal Machine).

The term "fried his brain like an oyster" comes to mind, along with "I have an unusually high electro tolerance, yours Peter is unusually low."

Back to top Go down
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Oh, it was really Bell's typewriter, I believe Walter there (he was defending Bell, not himself, so he had no reason to lie---and he had been fearing that he had written it, I think, until he typed those tests and realized it was not him.

I don't think we know enough about the ZFT people yet.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:24 pm

And I wonder about Walternate.

Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:32 pm

I always think that Peter wouldn't die. Now the theory that Peter could be the unique descendant of these people, like observers, from an ancient underground city lighted up my mind! I've found a prophecy about king of Agartha where there will be an apocalipt war between humans...It mentioned also half moons (there are half moons in Peter's prophecy too) related to this end of the world for humans and the reemergence of these ancient people from the subsoil.
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Elliot wrote:

The term "fried his brain like an oyster" comes to mind, along with "I have an unusually high electro tolerance, yours Peter is unusually low."

Maybe Peter's tolerance was low, because walter was testing him with his own energy (if we consider that Peter could be a human energy thanks to his DNA)...Hummm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there - Part 1"   

Back to top Go down

2x21 "Over there - Part 1"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next