Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

2x19 "Brown Betty"

Go down 
+3
Elliot
Cathy904
lezario
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

How would you rate "Brown Betty" ?
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Vote_lcap256%2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 56% [ 5 ]
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Vote_lcap244%2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 44% [ 4 ]
2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
less than 5
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Wow, I've got some reading to catch up on! I have a very busy day at work today, but I'll try to catch up inbetween cases. It's May already! I love May, but episodes are winding down, it's going to be hot here soon.

Happy Monday!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Quote :
You're right, they have really dropped that Colonel's story...but you know it's not done.

So---was he wrong?
Confused?
Whose intel was that (the guy carrying the case, who was he going to?)--since the Observers can be anywhere at anytime they don't need humans to gather data, do they?
And was that Walter or Walternate in those photos?

Or maybe they're keeping it for next season ? After all, they can't give us everything at the time. grins
But I hope we will get some answers. Especially about Rogue(s).

And the guy carrying the suitcase, he didn't look like an Observer.............
Back to top Go down
fringerfan
Blowing up Watermelons
fringerfan

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:01 am

It was a very nice episode.
gene with dots 2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 790452 , the lab, Ella and all the story and references to maltese falcon and films like that. I loved it.
A lot of litlle P/O moments too 2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 818738 even if there wasn't the kiss .
I laught because during all the P/O moments my husband can't stop saying "and there they kiss" .... finally it seems that the more benchy between him and me isn't the one people think of. grins

Elliot wrote:
I had a marvellous course in the literature of mythology from cultures around the world, we read comparative versions of lots of the myths, it was fascinating. And our instructor was very interesting, he really knew his stuff and we talked about how myths & themes were used in present day lit too, that was a class that just whizzed by, we were always rapt in attention.

ohhh I'd like having such a course! I used to read a lot of mythology when I was a kid and I think I would have been very fond of this kind of learning.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:14 am

I realized yesterday that Walter thinks that Olivia's love will save Peter's life, and that will save his. That she will take Peter from him, and bring him back, if things turn out well.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:17 am

You Ninja'd me!

Yes, it was a wonderful course, you would have enjoyed it I am certain. The professor was enthusiastic and humorous, and had reams of stories memorized, we'd get talking about this or that story and we'd all be late for our next class.

It's where I first read Sagas, and--Eddas, if I remember the name right. It was 1.2 million years ago.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:41 am

Power going again, but I wanted to share this review I read tonight:

'Fringe': Heart of glass
Quote :
Since the entire episode was a story told by Walter, we got glimpses into his (and possibly the writers') perceptions of the people around him. Olivia came off fairly mannish until she was rescued by Peter and her girly side came out. Nina Sharp professed her love for William Bell over their inter-reality webchat. Jean grew polka dots. The Observers became thugs. Brandon worked at the patent office (like Einstein). Walter made himself into the inventor of all things wonderful but at the price of children's dreams. And most interesting, Peter was a man born with incredible power that everyone wanted their hands on.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/04/fringe-heart-of-glass.html
--------

And a quote from somewhere else (and I have forgotten, sorry!):
Quote :
Many also wonder why someone didn’t repair or recreate Walter’s window to the alternate universe, thus answering questions such as, “What’s going on in the other dimension?” “Where is William Bell?” and “Who has Nina’s arm mounted above their fireplace?” After all, Walter was not taken to the mental institution until several years after the events depicted in the “Peter” episode.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Quote :
I realized yesterday that Walter thinks that Olivia's love will save
Peter's life, and that will save his. That she will take Peter from
him, and bring him back, if things turn out well.

Since Jacksonville, I can't help but think that in a way, Walter knows that if Peter loved Olivia, he would at least come back for her, if not for him.

But that sounds mean, and I rather think he just wants Peter to be happy. 2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 6453
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:00 pm

I think they are all intertwingled in Walter's own heart; he desperately wants both for Peter to be happy, and for him to come back. But he is willing to give up the second, if he can have the first. Same (as he recognizes in Brown Betty) with Peter: Peter wants Walter to be safe and well, and is willing to be scared and uncertain as Walter "grows up". That's what all that self-actualization stuff this year has been, their relationship veering around as to who is father and who is son.

Eventually the truth will come out, and Peter will know in his heart what to do. He has been consistently the most honestly caring of all our three heroes, the one who intervenes to keep Walter from hurting test subjects, who worries over Olivia, actually shows emotion and acts on it. It's a bit odd, that; the producers bang on about how Olivia is Good yet to me she's mostly moralistic, which is not really the same thing. She's a cop, it's her job to enforce the rules and the law and save people. You don't see her getting emotionally tied up in things until just lately, her not sleeping over not telling Peter. They need to show more of this for her to be believable. Saying all the time that she is a protector and good, without showing her having any emotion about it, (or doing more than her job) is getting old for me.

Walter and Peter were out on that bridge trying to stop Newton not because it was their job, but because it was the right thing to do, and Peter even sent Walter away, everybody away, to protect them (and our world). Yet the producers harp on about Peter being not quite good, or something. What he actually does is good.
Back to top Go down
Stephy
Staring at Peter's MIT shirt
Stephy

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Sorry if I am off-topic ; I don't find the RYB thread... 2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 463495

A few RYB pics from Brown Betty.

2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 9ok4_ryb

2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 O5vc_ryb2

2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Fuzk_ryb3

2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Ksv6_ryb4
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:37 pm

It was full of color, wasn't it? While that can be fun, kid color stuff, it can also indicate completion, wholeness...

And they introduced PINK!! The lab was full of nice hot pink.

Is there a link to the ryb thread in the directory? I don't find it, either 2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Stephy
Staring at Peter's MIT shirt
Stephy

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 10:46 pm

It was wonderful. Did you notice how they used the light ? Exactly like the old movies... Impressive. The actors acted very differently too. Their walk, gestures... Very interesting. What do you think about the idea of a black and white Brown Betty ? It would have been interesting. Like "Post-Modern Prometheus" (X-Files Season 5).
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:56 am

Oh, I would love it. I wanted more like 'Brown Betty, B&W would be so fun. And I really liked Post Modern Prometheus!! Somewhere in the basement here is I think my ruminating on Drs. Frankenstein and Bishop and Polidori...

And I would love to see the 40's noir theme carried out again---could you not just see a yearly episode of that, Peter helping Olivia solve cases in between them dancing, drinking with Broyles, and generally being hard boiled?
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:33 am

I looked at the lovely steampunk-meets-medieval reliquary art doors on the hearts of the Bishop men in Walter's story. We've talked about steampunk here before, I brought it up what, last fall? Nice to see the reviewers catching onto it now...remember the tank the giant parasitic worm was in, in the lab in 'Snakehead'?
Reliquaries were ornamented boxes or caskets containing parts of saints' bodies, including their hearts sometimes. I would love, love to see an interview with the set and props designers for Fringe!

Both doors (always doorways with the Bishops!) are full of heart motifs; Walter's has the 'solutio' alchemical symbol on all four corners and more symbols in the center, including what appears to be perhaps a clock with its hands at 5 o'clock. I'm cleaning up an image and will post it tomorrow with a key to what I've found, I'm sure someone here will have more to add.. . . .?
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:37 pm

The inside of the door on Walter's heart cavity: (click for larger)

2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Th_waltersheartreliq-bw-w

annotations:

2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Insidedoorwaltershear3t
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:57 pm

hmm... time...... reminds me of the Observer's watch, Newton's -MD- watch....
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:06 am

Elliot wrote:
There's really no need for anything else on TV.
(my review of 'Brown Betty')
Quote :
#Fringe: There's really no need for anything else on TV. 'Brown
Betty' was truly amazing. More, BR, more!
http://twitter.com/Elliot_Lake/status/13114075806
--and Josh agrees with me!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x19 "Brown Betty"   2x19 "Brown Betty" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2x19 "Brown Betty"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3