Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Empty
PostSubject: Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season   Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:23 pm

New York Post

Quote :
"Fringe" set the bar pretty damn high with their season one finale -- revelations that Peter Bishop was dead (kinda) and an alternate universe where The Twin Towers still stood existed ensured my brain didn't take a summer vacation. But according to Jasika Nicole those two cliffhangers will pale in comparison to what "Fringe" has in store for us this year.

Not only will the two-night event (kicking off tonight and concluding next Thursday) fully explore the alternate universe introduced in last year's finale, but it will end on a moment so shocking, "Fringe" fans will spend this summer trying to decipher it.

In anticipation of part one, I rang up Jasika Nicole -- who plays lab savior Astrid -- to find out what shape her alternate universe doppelganger takes, what the big cliffhanger deals with and how it factors in to season three! Warning: spoilers ahoy!

PopWrap: Season one had an incredible finale, how does this year's stack up?
Jasika Nicole: The season two finale is the most shocking script we’ve had since the pilot! The season one finale was so good I assumed there was no way they’d be able to top that, and this year’s finale is so freakin’ good. We finally get to go to the alternate universe and meet everyone in their altered state. But that’s not even what I’m talking about -- the very end of it, what’s going to keep audiences on the edge of their seats is in the last minute.

PW: Season one had both a character (Peter's grave) and a story cliffhanger (World Trade Center), which category does next week's fall into?
Jasika: It has to do with the reason why these two worlds are colliding. It’s kind of like, one of the universe is trying to take the others place. There are also some big character development for Astrid, she is the most different in the alternate universe. She’s very special and you get to see another complete Astrid.

PW: What ... is her alternate a man?
Jasika: Oh my god, I wish. That would be so awesome. But no. it’s not that.

PW: Can you give us a hint as to why she's so different?
Jasika: The thing is, there’s no lab in the alternate universe, but the writers wanted her to be a part of that world also, so they came up with this really brilliant idea. Think in terms of what Walter was doing with the Cortexiphan and Olivia. It’s sort of a thing where the other Astrid has been raised in a group of people for a special talent that she has.

PW: We learned last week that Walter-nate is some sort of government agent, is Al-strid still his right-hand man?
Jasika: She doesn’t have a relationship with him. That’s what’s so cool and effed up about the alternate universe. It’s so different in so many ways – not only are the circumstances different and the jobs they have are different, but the people are inherently different. And Astrid really is.

PW: Is her name still Astrid?
Jasika: Yes, her name is Astrid, but the writers are calling her Al-stred right now, because in the script, they have to differentiate between all the characters. So Olivia is Bolivia, Walter is Walter-nate – it’s so funny.

PW: Do you think we might learn that Astrid shares some of Al-stred's inherent abilities?
Jasika: Oh, absolutely. Absolutely. And I definitely see how Al-stred could be very integral to what is happening with respect to people traveling across these worlds. I can see how it would happen, but it's hard to say right now. The writers don't really keep us in the loop.

PW: In that case, do you have any inkling as to whether they're planning to wrap up the series with the third season?
Jasika: I don't know. But I have the feeling that because we get our scripts so close to when we start shooting that the writers are literally waiting to see what happened with last weeks episode. What people are saying, what the general consensus is about moving forward. For example, with the stand alone Peter episode and the musical episode it felt like we were not moving forward very much. Thankfully the season two finale opens the door into a huge new area that is going to be brand new and really involved in season three. There is so much at stake.

PW: So will some of season three take place in the alternate universe?
Jasika: The first three or four episodes will take place solely in the alternate universe, so it’s becoming really important to what we’ve already established.

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season   Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Astrid !!!! Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season 109485
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season   Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:36 pm

I wasn't sure you'd read this... as it is so spoilery. I'm looking forward to their version of cortexifan (and how our side thinks about the whole process on both sides)...
I know it will be all fabulous to be over there for so long, but really, I want everyone to come home to this Boston....*snif*
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season   Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:40 pm

I just read the questions, and the answers to two of them. The rest I didn't read.

These two :

Quote :
PW: Season one had both a character (Peter's grave) and a story cliffhanger (World Trade Center), which category does next week's fall into?
Jasika: It has to do with the reason why these two worlds are colliding. It’s kind of like, one of the universe is trying to take the others place. There are also some big character development for Astrid, she is the most different in the alternate universe. She’s very special and you get to see another complete Astrid.

Quote :
PW: Can you give us a hint as to why she's so different?
Jasika: The thing is, there’s no lab in the alternate universe, but the writers wanted her to be a part of that world also, so they came up with this really brilliant idea. Think in terms of what Walter was doing with the Cortexiphan and Olivia. It’s sort of a thing where the other Astrid has been raised in a group of people for a special talent that she has.

And I like that. Astrid being totally different.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season   Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:48 pm

And it would have been cool if Alt-strid were a guy...but too confusing I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season   Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jasika Nicole: spoilers for finale and next season
Page 1 of 1