Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:17 am

Canadian promo up now: http://tinyurl.com/48z46lf
Back to top Go down
justkickit
Bringing Flowers

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:57 am

Looks like they sent copies of the episode out to the critics, and word is that this episode is really good. Of course, it is because it is written by good writers for once, and it probably an engaging story. I think it is written by the two girls and they have written all their episodes for over there, except for 3.09, I think.

Unlike on our side, where all we have had basically since Olivia has comeback is the "Life and Times of Olivia Dunham", Walter's continued guilt over what's happening to both universes, and the occasional mention of the machine. So, basically nothing and the stories have been really low key. With little to no moment on the mythology.

I honestly think they spend alot of their budget on the altuniverse episodes, because so much seems to happen with chases, etc. So, when it comes to episodes over here, they have to do episodes that are lowkey because they don't have the budget to do anything more extravagant.

Plus, there are heaps more interesting stories I think they could be doing over here, and I'm not even a writer. So, is it no wonder that the critics prefer the altuniverse episodes. Not to mention, the writers have made the team over there so happy, fun and angst free, interesting, while on our side the writers continue writing the characters as depressed, serious, unimaginative and boring to be around.

It really is very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:45 am

I completely agree.

I had not looked at the comparison between chases and sets, but that is a very astute observation! Since I knew they'd given payola (cameo roles)(I may be the only one here old enough to know what payola is) to several reviewers, I thought that was why they liked those episodes better, but with more whizbang, that could be.
I'm not sure if they did it this way because the producers were just excited about the other side idea, and let it get away from them, and overspent, or whether they really did get tired of our side, our characters, and want to eliminate them.

I'm still very frustrated and sort of angry that they made the other side all happy and better and shiny, and this side sad and sour...... and keep harping on how everything, all of it, is Walter's fault, that Walternate is the victim........ and then showing us Walternate doing the wicked, crappy things he does. WTF, BR? You made the story the way it is, and we loved the original three, I think the alts diluted that.

Plus the weird thing of endless hours of prime screentime given to Anna, and John, and then raves for their work...as though Josh and Jasika and Lance aren't all that, when they just don't get the time spent on them.

If the show doesn't get renewed, I will be very upset that Josh never really gets his star turn; I think he's every bit as capable as Anna, and John, if they'd remember he is there. I think I read he fired his agent last year.... I thought the new one would have done more for him.

I'm not invested in the other side (no secret there!) and there would have to be a lot of changes in presentation and story for that to happen, so it will be interesting to see what they do.

At the moment, the whole monster-baby-kidnapping-screaming Anna thing seems too much like trying to copycat Olivia's trials so people will love Fakey, or the "we'll get her an Emmy dadgummit, look at this!!"

Plus, it sounds like Bell hangs on to Olivia for several more episodes..... is it clear that Olivia is back in control of her body before the finale?
Back to top Go down
justkickit
Bringing Flowers

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 am

Loved what you said Elliot. Especially about Josh. He really has been shunted aside this season. It's really obvious. Peter has just become this character that is just "there" now. Noone much mentions him in reviews anymore and he's on the nose with the internet crowd due to the writers trashing his character this season. It's all Lincoln now because both of the characters are so great. There doesn't seem to be alot of interest in Peter now. I really don't think Josh is in much of 19 and 20. (I could be wrong about that) So, here's hoping they give him something substantial in episode 21. The finale hopefully as well. Peter is important and I want the writers to show us that.

Peter never gets to do alot and half the time never gets to say much. Why for instance, in the last episode, instead of introducing the Lincoln on our side to basically play the Olivia role, couldn't they have brought Broyles in to do the detective work beside Peter. I actually like the chemistry between Broyles and Peter and we never see that many scenes of them together. That would of been great because we would have seen more Broyles. I agree about the huge role/screentime for Walter and Olivia this season, while Peter, Astrid, Broyles and Nina don't get alot. Peter gets more than the other three, but he is mainly background half the time and seems to be there to make up numbers.

I love all the cast and characters, but this season has really annoyed me in the way they have treated the characters of over here. To me it's like they put all their energy, enthusiasm, alot of their budget into making the altuniverse so wonderful in all respects. Even the writing for the most part has been better over there.

If they see there are problems with the 'over here', then fix them. Lighten up the characters abit. Look at ways of introducing more personal things about the characters that would give the viewer a better understanding of their background etc. There are tonnes of things they could be doing in improving the over here team. Except they are not even trying. Even the stories, have been brought down due to bad writing this season and not the best ideas. Did they get the worst writers they could this season, or something writing for this side?

Apparently, John Noble said something happens at the end of episode 18, that leads into episode 19. It could have something to do with how Bell comes back I think. It's in one of the new interviews he did very recently.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 am

I would have LOVED to have Broyles and Peter working together! Remember them together in the beginning of Season 2! Plus, I do not get the Lincoln love thing, I'm not into the girly man thing, don't get me wrong I want Red Lincoln to romance Fakey and get her far away from Peter, but.......... he didn't serve ANY purpose in this episode. All of his lines could have gone to someone else, in fact, Peter could have done all the solving himself.

Notice they never let him do anything (except killing the shape shifters) all by himself now..... but in the first year he was going all badass on people, dealing with Nina, and researching and experimenting with Walter. Remember all that?

I think: really bad writers this year. Sorry, I do. They seem to think interesting is a zero-sum game, and if they make Anna's roles interesting, then everyone else's must pale by comparison. But look at the way the show started! Powerhouses, all three, and Broyles too. I've stuck it out this season for the promise of P/O, which finally happened, and for the Peter story, which really hasn't.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:22 am

Topical: lack of belief in free will makes you weaker, slower to act: (I theorize William Bell is trying to fool Peter into thinking he has no choice in the matter but must be fated to use the machine):

Quote :
The same effect showed up in the Libet test. The no-free-will group's EEGs measured brain activity far lower than the control group's during that first, unconscious phase of readiness potential. Deep in the brain, the gumption to act flagged along with the belief in self-determination.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/03/110323140233.htm
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:05 am

Machine questions:

1. Do the two machines cancel each other out if they go at the same time?
  2. Can only one work (isn't there a part missing from this one?)?
  3. Did they build a prop for this, or is it all green-screen and maquettes?

Bloodline questions:

1. Does Fauxlivia die after giving birth?
  2. Why does Lincoln ask if Fauxlivia was exchanged?
  3. Does the baby grow abnormally fast, or just gestate quickly (does Walternate need its blood, or the baby as a person)?
  4. Doesn't this strike you as witchcraft (child sacrifice)?
  5. How do you think Henry Higgins gets roped into helping Fakey?
  6. What do you think he will think of her and her part in what was done to Olivia?
  7. Can we dispense with Walternate as blameless now?
Answers? More questions?? What do you think? We have another whole day before we see it,,
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:49 am

Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Youtube versions

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers   3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3x18 "Bloodline" - Spoilers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2