Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Empty
PostSubject: Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?   Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Tonight's the season 1 finale, and there are various non-tease teases out there (and maybe ones with details, I don't know). Talking about massive twists, relationship challenges, etc.

I'll give my take on the idea of twists/cliffhangers, and last week's episode---and then I want to hear your takes on it all too!

Since we all know it was renewed, and it wouldn't be the same show that got renewed without Ichabod or Abbie, one wonders how much of the teasy stuff is just hype. I hope it is, really, as I like the way things are, and don't want to see the two main characters wildly changed or at odds with each other. You'd think shows would have learned from how much people hated the "where is Peter Bishop?" thing, and the Fauxlivia baby, and other cliffhanger shockers.

I'm wondering how much need there is for a big cliff-hanger/game changer in a renewed show in its first year? We haven't had time to get bored of anything, and they don't need fan agitation to lobby for renewal.

Here's something weird; I do love John Noble, and I know a show like this needs an ensemble cast, and Henry Parrish is a good character. But.

I don't want them to make a three-legged stool out of this, any more than I want Jenny to or Katrina or the son to have equal footing with Abbie and Ichabod. I like the buddy-cop relationship, and whether or not there's romance there is 2ndary to me. If we're going to just have a big ole' drawerful of superheroes/power people, THAT will bore me, and fast.

And maybe I am the only person in tv-viewerland to say this, but I found last week's episode not that good. The one big thing, the hook that drove the entire episode, was that the demon could body-jump and the possessed had no idea of it afterwards. Since they showed that at the beginning, I thought it would have been stronger writing to have that be discovered earlier on, rather than use it as a special effects/demon cameo role thing, down to the last minutes. Plus the switching between the little girl and the demon was campy rather than scary. And enough with Jenny and the guns and the kick-assery.

Almost all of the episode seemed to be lazy writing, and it is too early in the series for that.

My gauge of how much I like an episode, how good it is, is how close to the tv I stay after I turn it on for the episode. At its best, like Fringe, I get snapped to attention and stay right there for the entire episode. Last week, not only did I get to sit down, I went back to reading while watching.

Tonight, we see Victor Garber, right? And supposedly massive twists and reveals and all that other expected glitter.

I am hoping it is fun, and loopy, and doesn't transgress what we have come to love about the show, and Ichabod and Abbie. I'd love a nice exciting setup for Season 2, not a "how will they recover from this?"
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?   Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:14 am

Thank goodness there was Castle to watch after that. I am curious to see what you guys thought of it.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?   Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:18 am

Some teasing for the fall premiere, which is September 22 I think

http://variety.com/2014/scene/news/sleepy-hollow-season-2-tom-mison-nicole-beharie-premiere-1201210288/
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?   Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 7:07 pm

That was so weird, John playing Ichabod's son...

The whole series feels so weird to me because I'm not american, and all these wars and words and history and clothes.... I do not get everything. Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? 6453

I mean, I do know Washington, but I don't know America's history as well as Europe's.

So the series that take place during these times are always hard to watch.

But I love the actors, the characters, the scenery, the creatures. smile
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?   Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:23 pm

It was weird. It doesn't suit me, but probably he wanted to switch gears from the Walter role. I'm trying to stop giggling when I think of him as War, and rolling my eyes at it all being Ichabod's fault (surely they had enough of that blame with Walter?). But I do love the town and its oddities and the police department people, esp. Frank Irving.

The history they are doing pretty well, so I think a light, brief kid's book even would give you what you would need to follow the history. The time period they chose is of course foundational to us, and at a time before there were the kind of divison that would plague us a hundred years later. (I'm still hoping they cast someone very good for Lafayette when they get a way to work that in, since France helpe the US happen Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? 906239

I do enjoy the scenery, and the sets and clothes are done pretty well, although the finery they have Ichabod and katrina in at times is finer than they would have had, especially after his conversion to the American cause.

I love the dialogue, and the filming is very enjoyable to watch. I also can't escape thinking the purgatory scene of Abbie with the dollhouse harks back to Olivia in the netherworld of her memories and John's in the tank.

I like the effects around Moloch, even better than when they show Moloch clearly.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?   Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

I hope this is not as goofy as it sounds.  Which sounds pretty goofy, as in, sounds like a mermaid. . .

According to TVLine,

Quote :
For Season 2, the Fox hit is filling the guest role of Mary, an old flame of Ichabod’s who is as sweet as she is prone to moody fits of jealousy. But that’s not the fun part. This is: Interested actresses “must be comfortable working in the water” and “with wearing prosthetics.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?   Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
Page 1 of 1