Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)

Go down 
+5
justkickit
racoca
jade86
Elliot
lezario
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:39 pm

So is that confirmed spoiling, or--put out there to scare us into watching--or put out there to see what the audience will accept, since they have time to decide which things to leave into the final cut?
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:44 pm

And since it should be clear by now who I would like to have die, and it would kill off an already struggling show to kill off one of our Three, so they won't do that, I'll let others say who they think will die.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Elliot wrote:
So is that confirmed spoiling, or--put out there to scare us into watching--or put out there to see what the audience will accept, since they have time to decide which things to leave into the final cut?

It is confirmed.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:30 am

Remember this pic ?

It's from next week episode "Entrada"

Can't wait to see Peter with a gun. grins
Back to top Go down
racoca
Staring at Peter's MIT shirt
racoca

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:27 am

lezario wrote:
Remember this pic ?

It's from next week episode "Entrada"

Can't wait to see Peter with a gun. grins

yessss peter with a gun!!!! Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 790452 I can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:33 am

Yes, and Olivia, Olivia, Olivia ! Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 109485
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm

And with a clue. grins
Back to top Go down
racoca
racoca

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Question: Do you think moving Fringe to Friday nights indicates that Fox wants to give the show a chance and is willing to accept lower numbers on a Friday than on a Thursday? Can Friday night truly become a place for more genre type shows? After all, The X-Files started on Fox on Friday nights more than 15 years ago. Or is Fox simply using it as a dumping ground recognizing that both Sarah Connor and Dollhouse failed there? Can't there be a place on network TV for those of us more into science fiction rather than crime shows? — Faye

Matt Roush: Kind of hard to put a positive spin on this move, since this is the last place a fan of Fringe wants to see it end up on Fox's lineup. In Fringe's favor, this series is more established than many of the shows that Fox has hung out to dry in the Friday graveyard in recent years. And as you suggest, the expectations will be lower than on other nights, and if Fringe can hold on to much of its Thursday audience when it moves to Fridays in late January (following Kitchen Nightmares, not the most compatible lead-in), that could be seen as a win. But this move is hardly a sign of confidence in a show that took a big risk this season with its alternating split-universe structure. To answer your rhetorical question about the future of sci-fi on network TV: It's always a risk, but there should be a place on the schedule of an adventurous network like Fox for cult TV with strong media buzz and loyal (if relatively modest in size) fan support.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/ask-matt-various-shows-22nd-november.html#ixzz162GG6Tj9
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 pm

And the same article but on TVGuide website :
Ask Matt: Palins on TV, Mentalist, Fringe, Blue Bloods, and More!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:46 pm

The Promo pictures of 3.09 Marionette are on Fox's website !
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man
jade86

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Wowww interesting!! grins
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:59 pm

OLIVIA !!!!!!! OURLIVIA !!!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm

And take a look at this one...... They're talking... about the case, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Kreisler
Asking if you're scared
Kreisler

Male

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:27 pm

lezario wrote:
OLIVIA !!!!!!! OURLIVIA !!!
YAY ! Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 409686 Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 32246
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:28 pm

racoca wrote:
Question: Do you think moving Fringe to Friday nights indicates that Fox wants to give the show a chance and is willing to accept lower numbers on a Friday than on a Thursday? Can Friday night truly become a place for more genre type shows? After all, The X-Files started on Fox on Friday nights more than 15 years ago. Or is Fox simply using it as a dumping ground recognizing that both Sarah Connor and Dollhouse failed there? Can't there be a place on network TV for those of us more into science fiction rather than crime shows? — Faye

Matt Roush: Kind of hard to put a positive spin on this move, since this is the last place a fan of Fringe wants to see it end up on Fox's lineup. In Fringe's favor, this series is more established than many of the shows that Fox has hung out to dry in the Friday graveyard in recent years. And as you suggest, the expectations will be lower than on other nights, and if Fringe can hold on to much of its Thursday audience when it moves to Fridays in late January (following Kitchen Nightmares, not the most compatible lead-in), that could be seen as a win. But this move is hardly a sign of confidence in a show that took a big risk this season with its alternating split-universe structure. To answer your rhetorical question about the future of sci-fi on network TV: It's always a risk, but there should be a place on the schedule of an adventurous network like Fox for cult TV with strong media buzz and loyal (if relatively modest in size) fan support.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/ask-matt-various-shows-22nd-november.html#ixzz162GG6Tj9

Thanks, I really appreciated both the question and the answer. It makes sense the future of science fiction won't be on network television, but a show like this should find a place in Fox's lineup. Dollhouse never grabbed me like Fringe does. It's so much fun, even when I'm "Eww"ing at the gross shots and yelling at my tv.
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man
jade86

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Peter looks.....lost....He seems sad :(
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:32 pm

So nice to see them both on the same picture.

Drinking coffee.

What else ?
Back to top Go down
Kreisler
Asking if you're scared
Kreisler

Male

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:39 pm

lezario wrote:

Drinking coffee.

What else ?

But "Heaven can wait..." Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 815536
("Le paradis peut attendre, George, mais pas pour ses capsules")
Back to top Go down
racoca
racoca

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:43 pm

jade86 wrote:

well unfortunally It's not a surprise.... since all that happened to him.....poor peter I want himm to be happy smile

And olivia is back!!peter and olivia!! Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 790452
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man
jade86

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Yes!! Peter and Olivia! I missed them and our dear team in general smile
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Kreisler wrote:
lezario wrote:

Drinking coffee.

What else ?

But "Heaven can wait..." Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 815536
("Le paradis peut attendre, George, mais pas pour ses capsules")

"We recycle..." Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 6453
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:29 am

jade86 wrote:
I'm glad he does, I think; I think it means he realizes there is a problem, that he may have hurt his Olivia.

I'm hoping demanding that the producers don't torture them any longer with this, and that they let them be happy together. They saw how much everyone hated the fakelivia stuff, maybe they will relent and let them be together now. I know it will take some healing--------but they love each other.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:57 am

Ratings force shift in genre schedule

Quote :
Get your last look at a ratings chart like this one, because it won't be around for long.

Networks have made some tough decisions about genre programming like
"The Event" and "Fringe," either giving them a break from the schedule,
or looking for new timeslots.
"Fringe" got the worst from it from Fox after the network said it would move the show from Thursdays to Fridays. That was despite the J.J. Abrams series
getting a small rebound this past week to a 3.1 rating/5 share,
according to Fast National overnight ratings from The Nielsen Co. Yet
its 3.2/5 average is still 18 percent lower than what the Thursday
timeslot was doing the year before, which still wasn't that spectacular
for Fox.

. . .
Top Genre Shows, Week of Nov. 14 -- [Audience Loyalty Index rating]

1. (1) No Ordinary Family (ABC) 4.3/7 [78.7]
2. (2) The Event (NBC) 3.6/5 [65.3]
3. (-) Chuck (NBC) 3.4/5 [93.2]
4. (4) Fringe (Fox) 3.1/5 [90.6]
5. (5) Smallville (CW) 1.5/3 [88.9]
6. (6) Supernatural (CW) 1.3/2 [85.0]

Fast Nationals usually provide a snapshot of what Americans are
watching by pulling numbers from the top urban markets that include
both live viewing and same-day timeshifted viewing. A rating point
generally represents more than 1.1 million households while the share
indicates the percentage of televisions turned on that was tuned to the
specific program. These numbers typically shift when final ratings are
issued.

---My own, personal, "Elliot with a pair of fluffy slippers and a remote for the TV" take: the episode last week, The Abducted, was more like the Fringe we came to know and love over the previous two years: full of action, smart problem solving, characters that made sense, little gratuitious angst (and what there was, was mitigated by that phone call!).
That ratings rebound blip was signalling a relief at the imminent return of Olivia to our own Team. I believe.
I think the alt-u thing damaged the ratings in a big way.
Back to top Go down
justkickit
Bringing Flowers

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:48 am

Totally agree with you Elliot. However, most diehard fans seemed to love the altuniverse. While, I think the initial love was there, they dragged out the alternating episodes for too long. Coupled with the break for the baseball and it was just too much away from what the show has been doing for the last two seasons. Even now, we have another break until the episode where Olivia returns. The biggest comment you see everywhere is, "I can't wait for Olivia to come home, so that we have the main three together again."

Personally, I just don't love the alternate universe like most fans. I like it in small doses and where you got tidbits here and there and it was still a mystery. However, for me there is just no mystery to it anymore. Plus , you have a whole set of new characters that they are asking me to care about, when they haven't fleshed out the majority of the ones we have been getting to know for the last two seasons. That's just me though, and I'm probably in the minority.

I'm all for moving the show forward and introducing new things and changing things up a little. However, big changes like they have done this season, I think has shown, was just too much. The damage is done now, and the show will be on Fridays, so hopefully viewers will follow the show. Otherwise, this season will be it.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 am

The comments I see (except for the reviewers...... and a lot of them we now know are bribed by BR with guest shots!!)----are much like what you've said here just now. People want our three back, want the story to get moving, and don't find the alt-cast of thousands interesting.

And the viewers are what drive the Nielsens, not reviewers wearing lab coats for a day. I read somewhere last week that it seemed to them that Fringe's core viewers had reached their maximum, and this year was driving some of them away, instead of gaining new ones. It seemed to me all autumn that they were over-selling it out of panic... that air of oooops.

It was fun, last spring, when it was new and brief. The same reviewers who adore the alt-stuff also hated the first season, and most of season 2; pleasing them meant ticking off the core viewers. They also thought Fringe should =LOST since it was an Abrams thing, and panned it when it was a procedural, which it was doing better than any other show on TV, to me. I laugh when I see reviewers say hard-core viewers love the mythology best..this fiasco puts the lie to that. 'Auteur Syndrome' just about covers it.

I think BR can, and will, rescue things. The hiatus gives them time to re-edit, re-cut, re-shoot. I also think they will get a 4th season, for syndication ($$) purposes. I would love them to get back into the feel they had in S1 & S2--I watch those eps now, esp S1, and really miss that vibe--full of insane possibilities, not just darkness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)   Season 3 General Spoilers (#2) - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 3 General Spoilers (#2)
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next