Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers

Go down 
+3
jade86
Elliot
lezario
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man
jade86

Female

2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:49 pm

TRANS-DIMENSIONAL PARAMILITARY!

There's a real special forces unit designed by the alternate universe to handle the impending conflict between worlds. What if Peter was the most powerful soldier of the AU? The leader of these special armed force?
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:25 pm

And the FF logo !
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Kreisler wrote:

Elliot, i don't think that's "religious", rather magical (don't confuse, it could be hurtful)... It's more pseudo-mystical folklore, like all the Dan Brown and alii stuff. And in view of the success of that thematic in the business recently, i wouldn't be surprise if they exploit the seam. But i hope i'm wrong and that they'll avoid that easy way...
Hurtful? No, I don't mean to be. I'm from a Christian family full of scientifically & literarily trained people. While I am no Agent Jessup, I find such things a misuse of religion. And I don't believe in magic so I don't think it needs defending.

I object to dumbing down Fringe with woo and making Peter (or Olivia) less than human. Fringe has been fiction grounded in science, the far out stuff in the realm of science possible. One of the really satisfying parts of Fringe has been the depiction of brilliant people as normal humans, not hopeless geeks nor remote heroes with fantastical powers. This is why I hated 'Ability'.

Yes, I know I have listed several alchemical symbol references, and the transmigration of souls stuff is there in my posts on the DRJ test boxes, but I was really hoping it was being used as metaphor.
Using references to Greek mythology or alchemy as literary themes in Fringe? Great! Introducing the idea of Peter as a mystical being, object of prophecy? Puh-leeeeze. While I have had quibbles with things on Fringe, I have not felt like I would lose brain cells watching it, and I don't want to start now.

It does makes superhearing less funny, they will have to come up with something more ludicrous for Olivia if she's going to keep up.

My hope is that this is someone on the Other Side's delusions, or maybe that is perhaps what happened to them over there (science got mutilated with woo) and their FD/ZFT believe this, and that Our Side is going to still function rationally, leaving Peter as a true human, wherever he hails from. Same as for Olivia.
I could totally go for a war started in error over a religious/cultural misunderstanding (umm sounds rather familiar come to think of it).
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:44 pm

I think Peter face being drawn in the book was referred in Brown Betty.
Walter has drawn before, in Unleashed, in Brown Betty.... I don't think they believe Peter's an object, whose destiny was written on the page 23 of an old manuscrit, BUT yes, ZFT might have interpreted it this way.

Peter's line "Maybe that's because I'm not on track with my own destiny" sounded ironic. From the writers I mean. I don't think they want to go down that road. They want to get rid of all the Lost/Alias connections there could be.

What I'm waiting for is the explaination of what was "The Blight" : was it what happened after the door closed, or is it something else..... Observers ?

Do you think those bald men could be experimenting on our universe ? Trying to see what it would do if two worlds collided ?
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:55 pm

lezario wrote:
I think Peter face being drawn in the book was referred in Brown Betty. Oooo when? What exactly?
Walter has drawn before, in Unleashed, in Brown Betty.... I don't think they believe Peter's an object, whose destiny was written on the page 23 of an old manuscrit, BUT yes, ZFT might have interpreted it this way.
*hugs Lez*
Peter's line "Maybe that's because I'm not on track with my own destiny" sounded ironic. From the writers I mean. I don't think they want to go down that road. They want to get rid of all the Lost/Alias connections there could be.
*hugs Lez again*
What I'm waiting for is the explaination of what was "The Blight" : was it what happened after the door closed, or is it something else..... Observers ?
-----------------was there a spreading loss of life from Reiden Lake like the balloon field?
Do you think those bald men could be experimenting on our universe ? Trying to see what it would do if two worlds collided ?

ooooh I hope not! They seemed (September anyway) to be trying to prevent that, to work towards stability.
Rogue, now, he might have that as his agenda.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Quote :
I think Peter face being drawn in the book was referred in Brown Betty. Oooo when? What exactly?

No, sorry, not exactly "referred", but.. we've seen Walter's -or Bell's ?- drawings before, in the lab, like the monsters in Unleashed, or all the things Walter invented in Brown Betty.... we know pretty much all the story was based on reality, so... the book in BB was maybe based on that drawing.

Quote :
-----------------was there a spreading loss of life from Reiden Lake like the balloon field?

Yes, interesting theory.

Quote :
ooooh I hope not! They seemed (September anyway) to be trying to prevent that, to work towards stability.
Rogue, now, he might have that as his agenda.

Yes, when I say "Observers", I'm talking about their "species". Rogue, I'm sure, is some kind of Observer, just a bad one.

I just thought about something...... what if Bell wanted Peter's heart/blood/talent ? We knew he needed oxygen, and he seemed to be dying...

And we know Nimoy will retire, so Bell is certainly going to die...
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:18 pm

I cut this line out of my earlier rant about woo and alchemy:

if that really is the ladder of transmigration on Dr. Paris' sleeve in Grey Matters, does that mean he will try to use Peter to make himself immortal?

I was really joking earlier about Beltane and Peter as maypole, but maybe Bell really went nuts and wants to use the blood of the key.

........ Bell, quit watching Buffy! Peter is NOT Dawn!
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Yes, quit watching Buffy. Peter's glow's not green, it's WHITE.

So we have four Cortexiphan children, Olivia, Nick, one of the spontaneous combustion twin, but who's the fourth guy ?

Cancer guy is probably dead, or ... Meegar ? (No.... not him) Or someone we don't know yet ?
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:28 pm

It's that Cancer guy, the credits list him.
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man
jade86

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:30 pm

lezario wrote:
Yes, quit watching Buffy. Peter's glow's not green, it's WHITE.

So we have four Cortexiphan children, Olivia, Nick, one of the spontaneous combustion twin, but who's the fourth guy ?

Cancer guy is probably dead, or ... Meegar ? (No.... not him) Or someone we don't know yet ?

Yes, the fourth guy is the same with cancer. In the last scene of "Olvia in tha lab...." we saw him ,unconscious, into an MD lab. But he wasn't dead smile
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm

I hope he's using gloves.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:35 pm

My thought exactly! And that they have loaded up Nick the coward with Haldol and Lithium or whatever to bring him on an even keel.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:46 pm

I like Nick ! It's nice to him and the girl again.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 9:55 pm

I don't like him; he knew he was killing people, and he did not stop himself. He exposed others to his sickness and let himself kill them.

I am surprised the writers let his story develop that way, if they wanted to make him sympathetic. Better he should have killed himself. As he is, he's psychopathic.

And poor crop as a soldier, if he cannot protect others first. We put down dogs that kill chickens here for that exact reason.
Back to top Go down
jade86
Seeing the Shadow Man
jade86

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers   2x21 "Over there Part 1" - Spoilers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:35 am

Finally a promo with a better quality! smile