Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

2x15 "Peter"

Go down 
+2
Xeen
lezario
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How would you rate "Peter" ?
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Vote_lcap214%2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 14% [ 1 ]
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 29% [ 2 ]
 14% [ 1 ]
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 29% [ 2 ]
 14% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
less than 4
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:39 pm

I'm looking forward to what you rather had not seen?

I'm surprised at some of the reaction. And I'm the only 'rating' vote so far.
I thought it was a "9".

I specifically remember being slightly disappointed at the shows after the Christmas hiatus, and "Inner Child". Speaking only for myself, I Know part of the reason was building myself over the long hiatus wait and wanting so many answers in the first show back.

But, I'll check back later. I was starting to think part of the April Fool's joke was that the Off Topic thread had turned into the "Peter" episode thread, and the episode thread had turned into an Off Topic Thread. 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 906239 smile
Back to top Go down
Xeen
Turning into dust
Xeen

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 pm

i was disappointed with the episode: i learned close to nothing (but i wasn't expecting much) and i found it a bit contrived
but John Noble was magnificent... Brady was good, Brown terrible and i hate Carla Warren 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Suspect
i'm looking forward the next episodes, i guess tension will build until the last minute with Peter's epiphany and more revelation about William Bell.
Back to top Go down
http://fringefrenchdivision.blogspot.com/
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:53 pm

I hated her too, Xeen..... especially when she began quoting religious texts in three different religions. I think we've all been hearing that Vishnu text in our heads a bit when we think about Walter breaking the universe, so I didn't mind that, but it seems nowdays dated to have to have that discussion (even if it was "in the past"). Hubris can be bad, I grant. But I am so sick of shows with Important Themes.

One other thing was new:
Spoiler:
So that explains a bunch, I suppose, but makes Walter and Fringe Div seem rather foolish for thinking they have all these secrets.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 pm

1. I loved Walter. And Olivia.

2. I spotted the Observer. AHAH.

3. I LOVED the theme.

4. I loved young Peter.

5. I love the window.

6. I loved that Bell is NEVER here.

7. What i like, at first, was the "same" dialogue with young Peter and his parents (I want you to have it, blah blah), with still a "slight difference" : OP was asking for his dad, Peter was somehow closer to his mom...
And then, it felt more like they were trying to mak Walternate more like the bad guy --- and I didn't like this scene anymore.

I'm out of here if they turn Fringe into a manichean show.

8. I liked Carla, except the religious quotes.

9. Nice that they didn't do the usual present/past/back to present/past/back to present/past than with Lost.

10. Some answers (the beginning of Nina's arm's story, September in the alter universe...)

I hit the "forward" button more than once, and more than usual. I've seen the episode in half an hour.

And I have a question,
"WHAT ABOUT THAT DAMN DATE ?!!!" (Yes, we all know it was a date).

I'll give it a 6, for the -ABSOLUTE GREAT- 80's theme, the ambiance ambiance, and seeing Nina, and young Peter...

I spotted some clues, but I've been driving all day, I'm exhausted, so I'll post them tomorrow smile
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Nice! I agree. I don't think so far they are going to make other Walter bad--at least, I certainly hope not. It would be simplistic and lame.

I liked that Dr. Warren was a doctor, with many degrees, not just a tech. I liked that otherWalter had a lab full of people (and it was brighter and more colorful than ourWalter's...hmmmm)

One thing I think is lame, but I think they've painted themselves into for stylistic reasons, is the zeppelins. They look good visually; it's fun to play with anachronisms; a real obvious diff from uni to uni. But----if they are advanced at all, they would have a different mode of transport.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Maybe they'er not zeppelins "zeppelins", but advanced zeppelins ?

It looked more like a 30/40's movie.... it reminded me of that "detective" photoshoot.

A lab full of people, and no Bell on the other side either.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm gonna need to watch it again!

Yo, votes can be cast anonymously, I'm really interested in a consensus.

I had some sad news about a long time work colleague, so, I'm in a sort of strange place, but my gut reaction is that everyone will like it more by the end of the weekend. I liked the Zepplin. I liked Carla. I haven't listened to it again to focus on religious text references.

They let Walter off the hook quite a bit from 'stealing' Peter. This should definitely play out better than I thought what might happen if Peter thought he was snatched. The two scenes with childhood Peter, original Peter giving Walter his coin then dying, and 'our' Peter giving His Mom the coin, then falling asleep, were Awesome! 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 790452

And John Noble, playing out 20 years younger sincerely for most of the hour? Amazing! 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 790452

Thank Goodness it's the weekend, I'm ready.
Back to top Go down
Kreisler
Asking if you're scared
Kreisler

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:12 pm

I think that will make the consensus and maybe the unanimity : John Noble was indisputably admirable ! 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 790452
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 pm

"Old technology" certainly did make several appearances, the 'window' looks like a tv screen enlarger from the 50's.

The picture of the dirigible hooked up to the Empire State Building was really good.

And I laugh again at the 80's theme!
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:47 pm

The little boy, Walter's Peter, rolling that coin over in his fingers.

Now those coin-rolling scenes pay off ! 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 815536

"It's okay. I'm not scared."

"Wake me for dinner. I don't want to miss it."

"You're not going to miss anything."

This reads so average, but it almost took my breath away, watching John Noble lean over and touch dead Peter's face with his forehead. *clutchs chest-not really, but, you know what I mean I hope* 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 815536
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 pm

"He knew he was loved. Didn't he."
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:57 pm

The music, a little campy or a background sort, now gives way to the woodwind, piano, and violin music background is awesome!

The idea of being able to see a deceased son. "We must begin to move on." Omg! Walter was going to be the normal one, the one to heal from the death. That was something else! *shakes head in mild wonder* But that voyeurism thing, so compelling!

"Yes you did it! By God, you did it!". The music gets dark as Other Walter is talkin' to the Observer. It's going to be expensive for Walter to replace the 50's tv screen enlarger.

Commercial. I enjoy Luke Wilson's AT&T commercials. The monthly fee is too expensive for me, but, thumbs up, Dude! 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 815536
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:20 am

Carla's wardrobe is a little fancy to me for a scientist's assistant. She has 3 degrees in theoretical physics, but knows better than to start blowing holes between universes. There Does seem to be a problem breaking back and forth.

Blair was great. Didn't you love the shoe-size mobile phone, groundbreaking for 1986? Blair Brown and John Noble took a risk, and did a Sharp job of it. If I have any regrets, it's that I wanted Nina to be Peter's mom.

Going out onto the ice at Reiden Lake was excellent! I've been daydreaming for months about some big car having to burst through, not a Dr. Jones' style teleportation. Nina and Walter's tiff as he almost jealously talks about William Bell's ambition.

Oh, so Walter was aware William Bell was as interested in profiting from his research as he was creating what they watched. This doesn't mean they simply stole. They were smart enough to do the window. But Walter Is a little jealous of Belly's fame.

I wonder when he lost his mind. This younger Walter is fully congizant. More commericals and restroom break! :haha

So where'd her arm go??? 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 12378

Commercial. Ellen Degeneres says "American Idol" could be the most dramatic rose ceremony yet and I laugh a little loudly. 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 297509 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 815536
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:50 am

Our Peter as a boy.

Mom shows him how to do the coin roll. She tucks him into bed,

"Okay, slowly, one finger at at time,"
"Good job! I Okay. All right, love, go to sleep, Okay?"
"Mom?"
"Hmmm?"
I want you to have it."
"What, darling?"
"My lucky silver dollar."
"Okay."
" I want you to have it. If I die."
"Sw-Sweetheart."
"It's okay. I'm not scared."
"Nothing is going to happen to you. I promise. You just need to get some rest now."

Our Peter opens his eyes. Walter's silhouette is at the door. Mmmmm mmmm mmmh!
Then Walter lies to the mother in the other universe.

"Bring him back to me." Oh my gosh! Elizabeth over there doesn't have the science background. But what if somehow She's instigating the trips over here, not Dad? That would take some pressure off John Noble doing a split screen sort of thing. I'm comfortable with Other Walter being evil. But if not evil, maybe just rational, like this 80's Walter? And probably more than a little pissed off.... '

I love this young Peter.

The snowstorm. Isn't it something how you've heard the Thanksgiving story with the car going through the ice, them waking up next to the lake, the Observer standing over them?
Where did he get that image of Peter, horribly contorted? *gently chews cheek*

The Observer driving Walter to the lab.

The Boy is Important. He Has To Live. There ya'll go, Peterphiles, straight from September's mouth. Now if we can just figure out what Peter's supernatural abilities are.

Mr. Cathy says, "What Walter does was wrong. Destroying two universes for one life?" And yes, that's so true.

But the power of emotion, of desire, in Elizabeth's eyes, in Walter's voice.

"Oh God. Oh, my baby, oh my baby."

"Elizabeth, stop. He's not ours. I have to take him back."

"I realized at that moment that I promised, what I fully intended to do, I could never take Peter back. The way she looked at him, was what I feared most in myself when I looked at him. That I couldn't lose him again. It was a first piece, the first crack, the first pattern of cracks in the space between the worlds. And it's my fault. You can't imagine what it's like to lose a child."

Maybe I can't, Walter, but you and Mr. Pinkner go a long way to make me feel it. 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 790452
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:58 am

...and I'm crying again. *sniffs*

It was very moving, the bereavement stuff. I can well imagine going mad with grief, I've tiptoed close to that myself. I loved Elizabeth--wanting to see Peter again, once she knew she could. It seems a cruel thing of Walter not to know how she'd feel about it--but then, he was always in the lab even then.

I didn't get that he was jealous of Bell, more that he was sick of him, sick of the pretensiousness. And for him not to go to the funeral...well, you know what I would think about that.

As for the moral question of should Walter have gone to save Peter when he was endangering the universe(s)..... I don't think he thought he really was. He notes Bell didn't come back to try to stop him. And part of his anger at Dr. Warren was perhaps simply at being brooked, being questioned. We've seen those temper flares before.

Why do you wish Nina was Peter's mom? That kind of weird doubling-back stuff is one of the things I most hate about tv programs. And for me would be every bit as weird as any amount of romantic nonsense. Plus, I like Nina being more mysterious than that! Even with the bad wig and the super sized phone.
(Hah! Remember the car chargers for those?! The size of young buffaloes!)

Nina's arm didn't go anywhere, it got all fizzy/disrupty, like the buildings when they are about to be s****d away. Which makes more sense than Peter still glimmering 25 years after the event...

One of the things I dislike about Dr. Warren is the scarily blond hair. It went well with the uptight religious thing she had going on.

You're right, the Observer scenes are more 30's.....very pre-war Berlin or London, from the movies. They seem to exist in a half-lit world, mostly shades of gray. Question about them: who are they to decide who is important, and how do they decide that?

Question about the wormhole equipment------but really a question about what we've been told about it. Several questions.
1) what about Dr. Grosz? The time travel machinery this transporter is supposed to be....did they just drop that part of the story?
2) Walter hides it away within a year of this event, spread over various cities, convinced that Bell and Elizabeth are spying upon him. Is this to keep Bell from using it? The Generals?
3) does travelling through it make you insane if you are an adult? It clearly didn't make Peter sick or crazy, in fact he seems to have travelled easily.

And, for my encore,

What About the Date?
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:48 am

Spoiler:

I guess we could have the missing part of Nina's arm story...

Last edited by lezario on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:13 am

I had hoped we'd seen the last of him, but I suppose not; he seems to me to be there to pull in the LOST viewers.

Nina's arm, and Bell's funding visits? I'd like to know more about what the defense department knows...
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:52 am

Defense department and Olivia telling Peter about
Spoiler:
She doesn't need his advices concerning her anymore, now I think she's looking for answers about Peter. (She asked
Spoiler:
....)
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:58 am

?I can see her asking her--she was part of Peter's past, but why him? I really hate her having to be told what to do by men who won't just level with her, it infantilizes her.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:05 am

I think she wants answer about Nina's, and thus Peter.... you know like gathering clues from all the people, and then make the link between all of this ?
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:06 pm

I went back and re-read the Krishna quote Oppenheimer referenced, and Carla quoted to Walter--double apt, I think.. as Oppenheimer at that point wasn't really feeling he had overstepped, I believe that came later? --the other reason it seems apt is highlighted:

Quote :
Lord Krishna said: "Time [death] I am, the destroyer of the worlds, who has come to annihilate everyone. Even without your taking part all those arrayed in the two opposing ranks will be slain."
Bhagavad Gita, 11th chapter.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Oh...... notice how most of those pics from the facebook page, the first "new content" ones, weren't really in the episode? At least, no big stone angel like that.
I did see where one reviewer called both young Peters 'brave little toasters'. 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 409602
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:01 pm

The Brave Little Toaster ! One of my favorite movie of all time !
Lampy, Blanky, the radio, the vacuum cleaner..... *sighs*

And the Toaster, of course.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:55 pm

On the importance of Blue, not Pink
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:59 pm

I don't know why I want Nina to be Peter's biological mother, but there's that one statement Nina makes to Walter about how he should know how hard it must be for her that Peter's dead. That's not a direct quote, sorry, Mr. Cathy fixed the DVD player and he's got control of the tv at the moment. 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 815536

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks Nina has acted strangely familiar to Peter? Sure, it could be a red herring, Elizabeth believes Peter is hers, she had to give birth to him, right? It's just a nagging thread I can't help but pull at........ smile Mark my words, there's going to be something, like Elizabeth was barren, and Walter made sure she could conceive. It would also add to that urgency that Peter would be her only son. I guess I am sounding a little "Lost" about this. 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 815536 It won't be a big point with me, Peter's still very special for some reason, according to the Observers....

At the New York Comicon, Josh shouted out to Blair Brown that he thought they were related and she called back that she thought so, too. We know the actors are not being told what's in the cards from the many Benchie inquiries, 2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 815536 , but the actors also think that's a possibility. *shrug*

"I am Death. Destroyer of Worlds." It such a powerful statement. Too bad they didn't get the quote right, but it still made for a good What Are You Thinking? moment.

Does time travel make you crazy. Walter in the 80's was rational as could be. I suppose I'll get the answer to that eventually, but 20 years of electric shock treatments and psychotropic drugs might be the simple reason. I still don't know about Carla's death. Maybe that's another backstory they'll cover this season. How Walter was sent to St. Claire's. There have been accidents in the lab, Walter's made jokes about them, but this incident ended very differently. Walter was deemed insane. Bell and Nina left Walter to rot for the rest of his life in a mental institution.

Spoiler:

It's so nice to have the show back! *chair dances*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x15 "Peter"   2x15 "Peter" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2x15 "Peter"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next