Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion

Go down 
+5
Kreisler
jade86
racoca
Elliot
lezario
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

How would rate "Do shapeshifters dream of electric sheep" ?
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap229%3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 29% [ 2 ]
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap243%3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 43% [ 3 ]
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 14% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap2
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:25 pm

*waves back*

In order to maybe flush out some more opinions, I'll post a bit of what I've been haranguing Cathy about, and shouting on tumblr. I'm sure I've said some of it before, discussing Olivia, but now it seems very pertinent to discuss how Olivia, and women in general, are treated on Fringe. I'm off to get a cup of coffee, the sun came up finally but went in, and it's about 22F, and if I'm to type any more, the house has to be above 60F. I'll drop that discussion in here, when I'm a tad warmer.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:28 pm

You're already below freezing?? My goodness, I was glad to get below the mid-80's, but I really would like to be in a cold area. I hope you get warm! smile

I know that's a little off-topic, sorry! My coworker asked why Newton never had trouble degrading. I scratched my head, remembering that Charlie kept falling apart over here, but his device was gone, right?

I'll miss Newton, what interposed scenes with Newton dying and Peter and Bolivia, *cough, cough, cough!*
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:35 pm

He didn't have to shift, no, and that was never explained. They really goofed disabling him there. I hope they bring him back, for all kinds of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:08 pm

I didn't watch the en flagrante delicto part, so---I just have read that Newton had a smile on his face at the very end. If so, if it was a real smile, maybe he left a safety deposit box, and files? I think he hated Fauxlivia, and would have had physical evidence, besides whatever the senator, his mole, left behind.

His part was just FINALLY getting some explication, doing more than being enigmatic, and they killed him off? Even for Fringe, that's too enigmatic, that's a waste of a popular resource. It's like they don't want us to understand anything.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Via tv.com:
Stephanie Lee on Fringe: Why I Hate Faux-Livia
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Ah-ha! The show I was trying to remember for Cathy! This person feels the same way! I couldn't bear the switching stuff, and stopped watching, even forgot what it was called. And I agree with the disingenuosness of our geniuses being so stoooopid...

Quote :
Question: I know that you and many others are loving this season of Fringe with the alt-world, Doublivia high jinks but I am a bit more, shall we say, off-put. One of my problems is that I'm getting a very Charmed vibe about the whole thing.
Allow me to explain. I was a devoted Charmed fan (until the unfortunate last season), but one of the staples of that show which always bothered me were the possession/body-swap type episodes. One of the sisters would be overtaken or possessed or swapped out or what have you and the other sisters would take forever and a day to noodle it out. No matter how strangely or out of character they acted, they would sense nothing was amiss until the whole thing blew up in their faces. With Fauxlivia in the mix on our side, I'm getting that familiar feeling of "Really? Come on!" when it comes to the continued obliviousness of the rest of the cast. When she didn't call Peter before going to search the apartment bit would be one example. At least with Charmed, it would resolve itself within the hour, not so in this case as they will be ping-ponging back and forth, from what I understand, all season. Charmed, obviously, is a very different animal and the comparison is limited.

But I don't particularly like this whole back and forth business in general. I find the other universe more entertaining in small doses, and the fact that the audience knows information that the so-called geniuses on the show don't (but should be able to deduce) creates a disingenuous tone to me. I know I may be in the minority on this, and I will continue to watch as long as Fringe is on the air, but I am not loving this season as much as the previous ones. Just wondering if you can see my perspective. — Jill

(The answer she got was not at all satisfactory, just the same "But the alt u is COOL and AWESOME and ABRAMS!!!", so I'm not linking to it. Y'all have teh google....)
Back to top Go down
Stephy
Staring at Peter's MIT shirt
Stephy

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:15 pm

This episode was... weird. Suspect I feel more and more uncomfortable with AltLivia. She seems so cold. The last scene seems to me very artificial... I don't really like this way that the writers have chosen. It sounds wrong, it sounds too much.
I'm sad about the Newton's death. This character was very interesting ! 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 440217
Fortunately, the next episode seems promising. The remembrance of Peter, in her head, could help her to realize the real situation. I hope. 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 488228
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:52 pm

For all they are saying they want us to like the other side, they are making Fakelivia completely unlikeable. And yes, that last scene was worthy of the Iron Claw Award, clumsy and I truly believe, added in order to boost ratings only. And even that didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:03 pm

That 'visitation' from Peter was so cool, especially while she was talking to the very distracting Frank. Frank may be hot, but Peter is compelling and they have a history, she just can't remember it.

I was a little sorry AltLiv's seduction distracted Peter, but at the risk of angering any of the male fans here, wouldn't that work with just about any guy who thought she was the one Peter cared about? I know he hasn't come out and said, "I love you", but Peter definitely has some feelings for her. So, with Peter's mouth busy entertaining AltLivs mouth, he's not going to have time to think, What's wrong with this picture........

I'll miss Newton, too. Time for another charismatic villain........

I'm still getting used to the idea of Walter inheriting Massive Dynamic. It was a big mistake when Angel inherited Wolfram & Hart. I'm hoping the writers can come up with some cool stuff, or at least the War will start escalating now that Walter has MD at his disposal. And 'our' Brandon will be back, that should provide some chuckles.

I've watched some "Charmed", mostly in the mornings getting ready for work. I agree, it's time to pare back on the Doubles.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Cathy do you mean, any man would be distracted enough by offered sex that his brain would completely stop working?

I know it is so for many, but I also know it isn't true for all, not every man is seduceable (not every man cheats/has random sex every time it is offered, any more than every woman does)------------ so, is that what you meant?

And, I repeat, I think the sex scene was distraction dialed up to try desperately to get visitors; they could have had him be distracted with making out, or-------god forbid, dancing or other things people do with their clothes on--- but to get those 18-49 yr old males to watch......... gah. BR need to grow a pair and believe in the romance they were writing, Peter and Olivia. Or not to have engendered it at all.

Did anybody say, was Roche' needed elsewhere, or is he mentioned in IMDB as in future eps, or ??? Cause I want him back, that story was NOT FINISHED.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Our Brush with Fame on the Set of FRINGE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion   3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3x04 "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep ?" - Episode Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3