Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How would you rate "6955 kHz" ?
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 29% [ 2 ]
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 29% [ 2 ]
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap214%3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 14% [ 1 ]
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap214%3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 14% [ 1 ]
 14% [ 1 ]
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:06 am

Hey! I caught most of this episode on a late broadcast tonight, Saturday night!

We went to the store and came back, I lost the first 10 minutes, but if I can figure out what the audio glitch is with my computer (it had been working fine with earplugs), I'll catch the first part.

Who thought to do a letter scramble for the author of "The First People" to come up with Sam Weiss?

Spoiler:
I can see more of what some were saying that Jeff Pinkner sympathizes with AltLiv, she was trying to be more honest with him wanting to protect her universe as they were waiting for the thing to be dug up in New Jersey.

Back to top Go down
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:50 am

Cathy904 wrote:
Hey! I caught most of this episode on a late broadcast tonight, Saturday night!

We went to the store and came back, I lost the first 10 minutes, but if I can figure out what the audio glitch is with my computer (it had been working fine with earplugs), I'll catch the first part.

Who thought to do a letter scramble for the author of "The First People" to come up with Sam Weiss?

Spoiler:
I can see more of what some were saying that Jeff Pinkner sympathizes with AltLiv, she was trying to be more honest with him wanting to protect her universe as they were waiting for the thing to be dug up in New Jersey.

Good! Yay, you're caught up now, right?

-------I saw the sam weiss thing immediately, but then I do those scrambly word things for fun. And as for Jeff's sympathy for the Dev Altliv---he said that long before this ep aired. I think it's chromosomal. And I defer to Hamlet:
Quote :
O most pernicious woman!
O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!
My tables,--meet it is I set it down,
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain

Did you look at the spoilers then? The Canada promo is fairly clear. I'm hoping for her to get an old-fashioned butt-kicking, but don't know if we'll get it.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:51 pm

I don't know what the problem was with my audio the last time I tried to watch this episode on Fox.com, but it worked just fine this morning.

It was funny watching them, they didn't have that "first-time after lovemaking" attitude to them. Peter's easygoing nature, the way he'd snuck the two U2 tickets into the paper, felt like a couple who had been together for a while. But this wasn't her place, was it? So it wasn't the "first time", after all.

I know they're always a few episodes already filmed when the show starts back up.
I'd be really interested how surprised Jeff Pinkner was to see the hostility towards AltLiv. I'll have to say, the scene (not in this episode), but where they were digging up the first part of The Machine, AltLiv did get a little of my sympathy when she was trying to make Peter understand (without knowing who she really was) that people from the Other Universe were only trying to save their own universe, not necessarily out to destroy us. It was Peter's statement that it would not be the only choice to him that gave me hope that we'll be able to find a third option to all this, and not have to destroy the billions of innocent lives over there.

I didn't like AltLiv to begin with, she's too abrupt and focused on winning. But I'll have to admit now I'm a little more sympathetic. She's not "My Olivia", but she's also not the Devil to me, anymore, either.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Cathy904 wrote:
I don't know what the problem was with my audio the last time I tried to watch this episode on Fox.com, but it worked just fine this morning.

It was funny watching them, they didn't have that "first-time after lovemaking" attitude to them. Peter's easygoing nature, the way he'd snuck the two U2 tickets into the paper, felt like a couple who had been together for a while. But this wasn't her place, was it? So it wasn't the "first time", after all.

I know they're always a few episodes already filmed when the show starts back up.
I'd be really interested how surprised Jeff Pinkner was to see the hostility towards AltLiv. I'll have to say, the scene (not in this episode), but where they were digging up the first part of The Machine, AltLiv did get a little of my sympathy when she was trying to make Peter understand (without knowing who she really was) that people from the Other Universe were only trying to save their own universe, not necessarily out to destroy us. It was Peter's statement that it would not be the only choice to him that gave me hope that we'll be able to find a third option to all this, and not have to destroy the billions of innocent lives over there.

I didn't like AltLiv to begin with, she's too abrupt and focused on winning. But I'll have to admit now I'm a little more sympathetic. She's not "My Olivia", but she's also not the Devil to me, anymore, either.
Oh, it was all in Olivia's bed, but no, not the first.

And I completely saw that scene differently; she was trying to excuse what she was doing, making her traitoriousness acceptable. She was saying, oh, anyone would do what I am doing, it is ok to destroy them because they are trying to destroy us (which is totally not what Olivia would think)---then she is surprised when Peter says, no, there has to be another way, so both survive (which is what the real Olivia thinks.).

I've found elsewhere that the people who adore Anna as an actress tend to give fakelivia a pass, find her "adorable" because of who's playing her, not because she is a loveable character. Is it that way with you, Cathy?

I don't think Pinkner will admit that the audience hates fakelivia, but I would bet if you could get him alone, with a bottle of scotch, off the record, he'd admit that having fakelivia bed Peter, and the relentless universe hopping, is what has nearly killed Fringe this season. And I am waiting rather nervously to see how much he forces Olivia to change into fakelivia, to be more like the "ultimate Olivia".

Her taking a hostage, stealing Olivia's life----unforgiveable to me. Plain and simple. She doesns't have to die to make me happy, but if Peter does blow her brains out-------------not shedding any tears. For either of them.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:43 pm

*Walking away for a moment, coming back*

I assume the Shippers have jumped ship. That wasn't the majority of the fanbase, but a small and vocal part. I can't say I'm a shipper anymore, and you know I was there from the beginning. All I can say is that apparently the writers didn't like a conventional romance.
Spoiler:

Okay. Elliot, you've made up your mind already and you've passed judgement. I don't 'adore' AltLiv, who could adore her? She's so pragmatic. She's not as eccentric, as caring, as anxious as Olivia. AltLiv is without some of Olivia's conscience.

Sorry, I guess I was feeling jovial when I wrote that about Olivia teasing Peter about AltLiv. But if I take it from your perspective, should I think Peter and Olivia are irretrievably broken?

Last edited by Cathy904 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:00 pm

I was speaking more of others than you! (Realize I see a lot of gushing fan stuff over on tumblr, giddy gooey stuff, and then also the confused fans who think the actors are the characters, and talk of Josh and Anna making babies. So------that's the sort of thing I was referring to, not you!)

--irretrievably broken? On the show, no. I think Pinkman will keep that out there to keep the fans going. And while the reviewer sites say the shippers are a minority, I don't believe that, any more than nobody liked the pilot.

--and even within fiction, no, I think they could get past it. It could be a real opportunity to show actual forgiveness, which they talk a lot about on this show but never deliver.

My guess? The writers likely will write some kind of off-hand thing where she forgives him, and things are sad and prickly between them, and then they pretend nothing ever happened. And then yank the shippers around from time to time, but like Hart Hanson on Bones, never intend to really allow the two of them to be happy together.

But if she thinks she has to become the other woman (because after all, Peter WAS cheating on her, even if he didn't know it--there was another woman in Olivia's bed--and Pinkman say that other woman is better)--

----if she thinks she is inferior to fakelivia, and has to become her for Peter to love her? Bring on the Infernal Machine, and reduce both universes to cosmic background radiation. Like, today.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:02 pm

*shuffles feet* ooookayyyyy.......

I mean, you Can disagree with me if you wanna, it's not like we can't have an argument and still get over it, you know what I mean!

I'm just thankful the cat is out of the bag. It's going to be creepy seeing how hostile he's going to be to her now....Olivia, come back! This show!
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:24 pm

--back in after a long phonecall with our market treasurer---can't say no to those!--

Cathy, agree or disagree, I always get more, new, interesting ideas from you. Your perspectives have often changed my mind. I enjoy discussing things with you!

And I too will hold out for P/O, real P/O; my feeling is, if we don't tell BR when they disappoint us, how will they know?

3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 5mw2_av_fringe43-1
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:24 pm

I can't say I like disagreeing with you more than agreeing with you, but disagreeing with you also gives me a better idea of where you're coming from. That doesn't mean I still won't become so discombobulated I think we've opened the new episode discussion thread a day early! 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 12378 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 815536 I did!

I have some high hopes for "Entrada". I hope we don't have to watch too much venom between AltLiv and Peter. Everybody's going to want to see Some nastiness. I don't want her dead perhaps like some, 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 263702 I just want her back in her own Universe and Olivia back here.

And if Olivia wants to steal Lincoln Lee (assuming he'll survive the trip) to bring him back over here, that's fine with me too! 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 815536 Or if Lincoln shows up over here, they better not make him a villain! *shakes dainty fist at Bad Robot* "You've toyed Enough with my feelings!"
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:18 am

I'd rather get along, whatever we think about a tv show. And I'd rather never hurt your feelings, even by mistake!

I think LL likes fakelivia; he's welcome to her. No more triangles, please, we've been through enough. And as for the alt-u... been there, done that, you know? There's gotta be more to Fringe than that, otherwise they wouldn't be angling for a 4th season, they'd be bowing out.

And poor dim Peter (and I suppose one reason this gets my goat so is that he is giving geniuses a bad name) will be all apologetic, once he realizes the betrayer this time is HIM, (and his sainted blood father)--no more storming around mad at Walter and Olivia and the world what done him wrong. This is a perfect chance for him to step up and be the better man his mother wanted him to be. To be the man Olivia is supposed to need by her side.

And the thing that is really bugging me lately: What About Newton? They no longer even mention him! I saw him in that promo, and thought-----------ol' Peter the genius who can bring anything mechanical back to life, hop to it, boy, there's a pile of information rusting in some FBI warehouse.

(Do dead shapeshifters rot?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion   3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3x06 "6955 kHz" - Episode Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2