Wish Fulfillment Zone - Fringe Board
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Hello ! Welcome on WFZ Fringe, a board where you can find News, Reviews, Spoilers, Pictures, Art, Fanfics, Games on the TV Show Fringe and much more !

About 112 members, 874 topics, 37991 posts since Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Help & Suggestions Section, in the Guest thread !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wishful Thinking Fringe Community... | ˙˙˙ʎʇıunɯɯoɔ ǝƃuıɹɟ ƃuıʞuıɥʇ ןnɟɥsıʍ ɐ

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Season 10
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:13 am

» Sleepy Hollow Premiere tonight!
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 pm

» Sleepy Hollow finale--what are your expectations?
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 am

» Early winter finale...harrumph!
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

» John Noble' Henry Parrish to return!
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 am

» What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 am

» Comparing Orci/Kurtzman to JJAbrams: Sleepy Hollow & Almost Human
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 am

» 5x01 advance review (not spoilery)
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:44 pm

» 4x07 "Wallflower" - SPOILERS
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Elliot Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 am

» 4x05 "Novation" - SPOILERS
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Alice8433 Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

LINK US !

Photobucket

2x14 "Jacksonville"

Go down 
+6
Xeen
Cathy904
Blue Sunflower
Elliot
Kreisler
lezario
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

How would you rate Jacksonville ?
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_lcap246%2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 46% [ 6 ]
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_lcap231%2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 31% [ 4 ]
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 8% [ 1 ]
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_lcap215%2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 15% [ 2 ]
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Elliot
Seeing the man from the other side
Elliot

Female

2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:24 am

It was misspelled! Only one T. The combination is the next episode date, of course... wonder if they will try to make it more than that?

This was a wonderful ep, wasn't it? And-----------I loved Olivia for finally telling Walter off. "What the hell is wrong with you!!" That's my girl! She called him out for the abuse. About time.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:29 am

The "Manhatten" debate was fast and furious on Twitter. I was too busy to check, it's like a slot machine, Twitter. You don't want to leave! 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 815536
Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment
Blue Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:35 am

I think Josh had 7 lines this episode. He spent a lot of time standing around. And seriously - this was an issue back with Walter's "ex" too - I just cannot understand why Walter would do all this stuff to activate the "seeing other people" thingie with PETER standing RIGHT THERE. And I perfer the halo effect, and not the blurry one we got. That's got to get annoying for Olivia to see all the time.

This show takes HELLALONG to set up stuff. Half the scenes could really have been condensed better, if not completely eliminated. I do think this episode may bolster the theory that it was Peter 2.0 who was supposed to die, otherwise I wonder who got sucked back to the other universe when he was taken? Bell's mass at the time would have been too much.

Cathy904 wrote:
The "Manhatten" debate was fast and furious on Twitter. I was too busy to check, it's like a slot machine, Twitter. You don't want to leave! 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 815536
Yeah, I saw they didn't fix it from the rough cut.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:49 am

Could be that's how it's spelled over there. This was an excellent, excellent episode for the whole set of characters...loved Astrid saying she just could not do that autopsy, and Walter understanding. Cathy, I'm looking for you girl on twitter, where are you?
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 am

All I did was type in "Fringe", and I'm in this place that has had 90 entries in the 10 minutes I've been here.

So, anybody up for posting a number? From 1 to 10? Yep, I have lots of thoughts on the matter but I'm running on fumes and speaking in phrases on that young person fangled Twitter.

I'll check for you Elliot, 94 entries now, I don't know how to navigate there yet,
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 am

It was a 10 for me. You can tell by the funny glow around me I think. It wasn't quite the kiss by my birthday, but close enough until April, I guess. Plus some awesomely weird Walter stuff and Nina stuff -------and Peter's Mom--- to think over.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:58 am

http://twitter.com/#search?q=fringe

Elliot, as of 1am Central. 'come on down!'

Oh yeah, I just need to see it again with a full night's sleep. It felt more like a show from last year that had fewer commercials, lots of material, thank you FOX, 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 790452 .
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:02 am

It was intense and packed with emotion and detail-- I need to rewatch too. Olivia looked so sad when she saw that about Peter.......... but when she knows she has to protect him a bit before he finds out........... I can see the two of them having a lost weekend to sort things out.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:25 am

The bad thing about twitter is that you can't have a direct conversation with people, on a night like this------so we end up abandoning folks here to talk with. I don't like that. :(
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:28 am

Olivia was pretty stressed out for this show. Remembering she is still my favorite character, she was on the ropes. Hair was obviously in a pretty but utilitarian ponytail. Lack of sleep, like in "Bad Dreams".

I've given Peter all kinds of grief for not letting go how difficult his childhood was, apparently now it's time, if I could, tell Olivia, "You have to find a way to work with this, and not keep snapping at Walter because the experience is so fresh to you."

If, somehow, they can let Walter get righteously angry with Olivia, and level the emotional balance between them, we can get back to a homeostatsis. The Team is hurting right now.

And Peter, who's so understanding now, is going to be So Not Understanding. Unless there's some miracle. I want my two protagonists to shut the door on their adolescent rage. If the War is coming, our two soldiers are behind in their readiness. If it's going to start soon.

2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 815536 This is why I enjoyed the producers admitting they had to push up the Interdimensional Window to last year instead of this year. I want Peter to find out, vent (hopefully not dangerously act out) and get more ready for this War.

To add drama, Mr. Cathy declared tonight that he would prefer Peter and Olivia have a nonblood related, sibling relationship instead of a romantic relationship.

Please don't hold that against him. All I can offer in defense is for all the Peter and Fringe fans to rent Josh Jackson's "Lone Star State of Mind" he made a few years back when very young. Maybe that's a guide for possible step sibling relationships? We could go all Wagnerian! 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 815536

P.S. on the Lez Twitter note, oh I couldn't do it all the time like I do this message board. We approach true chat threads when subjects heat up, but at least I can think in complete sentences. 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 89797 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 815536
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:39 am

I completely don't understand the unwillingness to let the writers write Peter and Olivia as romantic-----------without the needless kink of Wagner. To me it's like moaning about them writing Walter as nuts, Astrid as brainy, or there being an alternate universe. That is the story they're writing! And have been since the start. They've proven they're not going to go soppy desperate housewives on us with the story.

Well--I think I understand the guys..perhaps there is a certain jealousy of One Mr. Joshua Jackson's effect on the female viewer?

Because in all the other hero stories, the audience doesn't complain when the Hero-guy romances the Heroine (when she is subservient).

Yeah, the Korbi poll said the same re: Peter finding out: a few episodes of Bad Peter at most, then back to the fold.

I think it's good for Olivia to yell at Walter, it will help her get it out, and also help her help Peter get his brains back after he finds out.......then they can go on to figure out how to fix the world. No stress there!
Back to top Go down
Blue Sunflower
Looking for an apartment
Blue Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:45 am

I don't necessarily mind hooking up P/O, but I want it total background, like what they finally did with Mulder and Scully. But I also don't think P/O is at that stage yet where it's a natural occurrence. Putting them together now seems both forced and out of nowhere IMO, especially on Olivia's side. And now that Olivia can literally see Peter's otherworldliness, honestly, I *really* can't see them hooking up any time soon. He just looks...weird to her.
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:51 am

Forced?? Um...not to me. There have been other indications on her part, and this is the story the writers are writing. If they want to include P/O romance, it is their story to write.

A couple of healthy adults, not teenagers anymore, in a work situation like that, both of them hetero and hot.... would be weirder really for it to not happen. They've dragged it out forever already, it could speed up a lot and feel more normal. Mulder and Scully drove me nuts, they made us wait so long I gave up on the show. Romance wasn't the problem with the X-files, it was muddled story lines and that creepy super baby they had.
Back to top Go down
Cathy904
Unearthed Rank
Cathy904

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:01 am

I thought I saw two votes, a 10 and a 6. That was actually what I think the fanbase may do, although fewer 6's than 10's. The shippers can laugh or throw their hands in the air, or both.

This ex"Moonlight" fan has tried to describe to the producers on these threads what a group activity Shipping is, fangirls get so creative with banners and avatars, and it's just plain fun.

*Big sigh* Yes the romance maybe feels forced right now. There's a case for that. They need to wait until whenever.

I swear, I'm starting to lean towards the old Richard Wagner operas, where the brother and the sister DO fall for each other. Wants some Real Story Mythology? There's some famous mythology, writers, eeeeeeeee! 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 815536

I love this show. I hope as a blogger I sound like a fan and a cheerleader. 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 657808

Wagnerian business though, I'm willing to consider it. Josh Jackson starred in a small budget comedy, "Lone Star State of Mind", there's a possible scenario for them? No, I'm serious. I know the detractors would have a field day. But they're not related, they weren't raised together, they weren't partners although they were in the same study as small children.
I want to see romance between Peter and Olivia, but I don't want to see a first kiss because she's distraught.

I'm glad they're wearing the same jackets, whether they're peacoats or leather (peacoats, peacoats, looks more military). It's a dilemna, 7 weeks isn't going to solve it one way or the other. Those articles saying there would be relationship progress tonight, rrrrrrrrrrrr! 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 6453
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:12 am

No kink for me, please. That stuff can stay on HBO. And yes, I've read and heard Wagner, enough to float a battleship, and read Greek tragedy. No, thanks.

Why, I wonder, do some folks resist Peter and Olivia having a healthy romantic relationship, and want instead it to be either non-existant, or perverted?

2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_scratch

2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_idea Yanking my chain, aren't you? 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 355449

Last edited by Elliot on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity and emoticons!)
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:02 am

Some good catches on the
Spoiler:
.from the opening scenes are available here; I'm sure Lez will have other ones up in a bit!
Back to top Go down
Xeen
Turning into dust
Xeen

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 pm

that was a great episode, even if the pacing was rather odd at times.
the opener in the "other reality" was brilliant writing but i'm guessing it was lost to most of the viewers.

i agree with Cathy, now that Olivia KNOWS about Peter, it would weird to force romance upon them and us for that matter. and i don't want to see Olivia fall for Peter because she's the damsel in distress, it would be totally wrong and an awful twist to her character development.

i must admit that's the first time that i could see something happening between them though.

i loved the little scene at the end when Peter says it's just a drink with a friend. he looked so happy.

man i can't see how i can wait until april now...
Back to top Go down
http://fringefrenchdivision.blogspot.com/
Stephy
Staring at Peter's MIT shirt
Stephy

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:45 pm

well, my turn grins
Okay, it's... a wonderful episode. Especially because it's a mythological episode. The wait was so long. But finally we have a great episode ! 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 90503
It unlocks a part of Olivia's past, for her. And the meeting between adult-Olivia and little-Oliv was great ! But wtf what are these big noises in the forest ??!!
Her ability to see a part of the other side is very promising...
About P/O... well, I was... how to say ? Quite surprised. This "almost-kiss", the resolution was so close... It was... wow. 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 476719 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 6453
I like the end of the episode. Their happiness, and suddenly, the distress of Olivia when she discovered the real Peter. It was very sad.
Nice episode. I am just sad now because we must wait April !! 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 440217
Back to top Go down
Kreisler
Asking if you're scared
Kreisler

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Elliot wrote:
A couple of healthy adults, not teenagers anymore, in a work situation like that, both of them hetero and hot.... would be weirder really for it to not happen.

ITA. That's what I was saying months ago.

But in the world where they're living, nothing will never be normal, and things won't get any better... It will be complexer and complexer ! So it will always look forced for some people.

And about the Wagner "Siegmund-Sieglinde" stuff ( ...Wagner and why not Musil while we're about it ?), it would mean that Walter doesn't know the real story, considering that he's the first shipper ?

Last edited by Kreisler on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stephy
Stephy

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Nevertheless, it's so natural !!
Back to top Go down
Kreisler
Asking if you're scared
Kreisler

Male

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Exactly !
Back to top Go down
Stephy
Stephy

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Just a few thoughts 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 249839

* X-Files again...
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 91zo_dreamland

Very "dreamland", huh ? 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 6453

* Blue lights :
Well, Cathy, you were right about the blue lights. I'm quite sure now.
Look :

cap 1 : Olivia in the forest
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Vd4b_forest
cap 2 : Blue lights
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Msmk_blue
cap 3 : "There's someone else here."
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Fi0d_someone
The blue lights appear when Olivia is in connection with someone who lives on the other side, or stays into a certain *spatiotemporal* spot (like John).

* Buildings and "exit" Peter :
The first building is the "alter-building" : see the shape of the numbers, and the "exit" sign behind the character. (And "Manhatan" ?)
Alter-building : 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Rl8b_manhatan2280
"Our" building : 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Yrfw_building2

Look the "exit" sign behind Peter... again ! Another clue before the revelation.
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 1zp2_exit
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Zwvy_exit2

*RYB
Many RYB shots in this episode, too.
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Tw7n_ryb_2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 L205_ryb3_2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 G7ow_ryb2
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 W7da_ryb
And this one, could it be relevant ?
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Bnqm_rybpots

Maybe the items in the room are significant too... Did we see any glyphs in this scene ? scratch

Edit : Glyphs !!
2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Tft3_glyphs
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Love the glyphs! Nice art direction work at BR. And all those exit signs for Peter.
Back to top Go down
lezario
Wearing MIT shirt
lezario

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:26 pm

I just finished watching..................

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 355449 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 355449 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 355449

sghgfbkiutlmpopybvsdgv dj

"Don't tell him"

I'll do the complete review soon... with all the clues and easter eggs !!!

"Don't be" 2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 90503
Back to top Go down
Elliot
Elliot

Female

PostSubject: A mammoth cheer for BR, part 1   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Here's my first chunk of review:

I was thrilled to see Olivia confront Walter. She's finally coming into her power, & I don't mean the artificial ones foisted onto the defenseless Olive by the craven researchers WB2; her own, natural adult powers of self determination, self reliance, and reasoning beyond fear. Here's a mammoth cheer for BR: Olivia is NOT an object any more, she is a well rounded, normal human woman. Not a girl, goddess or a saint, a woman. This is so very refreshing in science fiction I can barely begin to explain it to male viewers.

She makes her own decisions now, and while she still has doubts, is strong and sure in a crisis. She sees & experiences things for what they really are, and acts accordingly. She investigates and solves strange things without flinching. She makes mistakes, fails, and sees the truth when it is shown her. She found that John had betrayed her, and dealt with it--after the drug induced visits to his memory, she tells her sister about the engagement ring: "suffice it to say, it never really happened." She can move forward when she sees the difference between what she thought her life was going to be, and what it is (and might be).

With that growth, she also gives herself the freedom to express love, not just childlike but adult, reciprocating Peter's romantic feelings for her, glossed over since the pilot. Olivia's readiness for Peter's love for her is a welcome sign of maturity and strength, both in Olivia Dunham and in science fiction tv as a genre.

Note to the fanboy crowd who idolize Olivia as a chaste savior and are horrified at the thought of Olivia and Peter as lovers: (and if you can't deal with Freud, pass on by):
Spoiler:

Last edited by Elliot on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tag-wrangling.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2x14 "Jacksonville"   2x14 "Jacksonville" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2x14 "Jacksonville"
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next